Adding chrome molding, help needed - 2015 Suburban LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed on the driver side running board, That little gap between the chrome strips is kind of bent out and uneven . The passenger side running board chrome is fine. You thing this could be fixed? I see the replacement chrome pieces on Gmpartsdirect for the running boards. Do you thing I should just buy a new set of the chrome strips? And do these just unsnap and snap back in? Thanks ;)

There arent any scratches, just the driver side chrome looks really sloppy at that gap ;(

IMG_7228.gif
IMG_7227.gif

Last edited:

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured out how to unsnap the chrome trim. That piece was warped so ordered a new piece.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tips on installing the chrome molding on the roof rack?

RickDA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. I found a guy here in Southern California that pulls new running boards off of tahoes/escalades. He has a couple more sets. I just bought one for my 2017 Tahoe.

Let me know if you would like his contact info.

IMG_3859.JPG

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I found a guy here in Southern California that pulls new running boards off of tahoes/escalades. He has a couple more sets. I just bought one for my 2017 Tahoe.

Let me know if you would like his contact info.

View attachment 74463
mind sharing the going rate with install maybe ? interested. thank you

RickDA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sure. I paid $300 for the running boards and I installed them in 25 minutes. They are attached with 7 bolts. The guys name is Alex. +1 (626) 831-5576

You'll just need to pay about $100 for shipping.

Reactions: toi

lilmac

Reaction score
I know it's a long shot, but does he ever take off roof racks? Specifically from Denali trim?

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys getting the matte black trim for the running boards? I'd like to swap out the chrome pieces.