99 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Nothing recent to report. I got the other vehicles back in working order and the tuning software didn't ship so I requested a refund which they said was gonna take 7-10 days. What a joke, but I should be reimbursed this Wednesday or Thursday and I'm gonna order directly from HPTuners, they said they can have it to me in 2 days.
In the meantime I've been fighting with insurance company over a little fender bender the old lady got into. She tapped a car in a parking lot and there was no damage but the guy wanted a police report. Cop showed up and said they don't make a report unless there is $500 in damage and he couldn't even see a scratch. Long story short, insisted on a report and took car to repair shop and said there was $1600 in structural damage. There wasn't even a mark on his plastic bumper or hers!! So anyway, lost my accident free discount and they raised my rates $630/6 months. I've been shopping insurance companies.

Then I just got a letter from IRS stating I need to contact them to make an appointment to go over prior tax returns. I need to bring '13 and '14 tax returns in along with this years. ******* great. The first time in 5 years that I didn't have to pay them and they won't release my refund until after a sit down. Not looking forward to that.

Other than that, life is just ******* peachy and I can't wait to get my dick beaters on this tuning software.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Nothing recent to report. I got the other vehicles back in working order and the tuning software didn't ship so I requested a refund which they said was gonna take 7-10 days. What a joke, but I should be reimbursed this Wednesday or Thursday and I'm gonna order directly from HPTuners, they said they can have it to me in 2 days.
In the meantime I've been fighting with insurance company over a little fender bender the old lady got into. She tapped a car in a parking lot and there was no damage but the guy wanted a police report. Cop showed up and said they don't make a report unless there is $500 in damage and he couldn't even see a scratch. Long story short, insisted on a report and took car to repair shop and said there was $1600 in structural damage. There wasn't even a mark on his plastic bumper or hers!! So anyway, lost my accident free discount and they raised my rates $630/6 months. I've been shopping insurance companies.

Then I just got a letter from IRS stating I need to contact them to make an appointment to go over prior tax returns. I need to bring '13 and '14 tax returns in along with this years. ******* great. The first time in 5 years that I didn't have to pay them and they won't release my refund until after a sit down. Not looking forward to that.

Other than that, life is just ******* peachy and I can't wait to get my dick beaters on this tuning software.
I hope it works out with the IRS. I hope I never have that issue. As for the parking lot fiasco, there's always one of those scumbags where ever you go. Hopefully karma will bite him in the ass-TWICE!! Insurance companies suck ass. They have no problems taking premiums for years, in some cases decades, and the first issue that ever arises, BAM, premiums go up! Even if it's so obvious that it isn't your fault. Can't stand them. Good luck man. And hopefully your insurance company tells that douche bag to go to hell!!

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Guy has State Farm same as me. So my insurance company already paid the claim. I told them that I would have paid the $1600 for his repairs rather than having my premiums go up. I don't get it, I told them I pay health insurance and it doesn't go up even if I get airlifted to hospital in critical condition but I have one small claim and they raise the rates? What a crock. Switching to American Family at the end of the month, he quoted me $300/6mon cheaper than my raised rate at SF. I have a few policies, K1500, 2500HD, K5, Equinox, Denali, bike, sleds and house. State Farm is dumb for letting me walk over $1600. Oh well, such as life.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I'm still alive and kicking. Finally got hold of the tuning software and had a few issues with the setup and software. Took a few days to get customer support to respond. Had to go over their heads and reach out to the owner of HP Tuners, my brother has his personal cell number and I used it. I'm sure it pissed off a couple people but I'm up and running. Played with tune and my timing is way off. Like 30* of timing at idle and fuel trims are pulling fuel up to 11%. I've taken the MAF out of the program and I'm trying to tune fuel based off volumetric efficiency tables on speed density mode but for some strange reason I can't get my VE table to collect data. Slowly working thru it. In the meantime I've been doing some home repairs and helped a buddy with a project. We got it done yesterday besides drywall and paint but I'm jealous as hell. Now I have to do some work to my garage to get one up. There were 4 lifts, 2 BendPaks and 2 Forwards. Had to go take down from a shop that went out of business. Heavy as hell, let me tell you.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Been long overdue for an update. I fought the tuning due to not having the proper data for the injectors. I was told to tune around it. I did but it wasn't right. I got my VE mapping all smooth and even tuned in the MAP sensor and then found some data. Had to start the whole tuning process over again. Got it tuned in and was running great, still needed to tune in WOT. The trans started shuttering between shifts and felt like it was slipping but still pulled. Whatever it is, I don't care. It's coming out soon and I'm gonna start the 80 swap and 14 bolt is going in too. I pulled the marine intake and sold it just last week. I'm pulling the engine and going to a 6.0. I ordered conversion mounts and some sensor adapters. Downloaded my pinouts and will make my harness control the LS. Have to add some wires for coils and VSS on front of trans. Looking for an LQ4 because the LQ9 has higher compression which I don't want. Gonna order a bunch of stuff this week and hopefully find a good engine in the next couple days. I'll stay on posting the progress as it happens. Kinda pissed a couple dollars away trying to get this 383 running like it should but I'll hold on to it for the next project.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Ok so I set out to do the 6.0 swap but it has a higher compression ratio. I couldn't find a decent LS1/LS6 5.7 and wasn't about to travel hours to get one. So I decided to just get a Gen IV 5.3 and do some minor things to it. I found one about an hour away from me pulled from an 06 Tahoe. I went Friday and grabbed it. Has the DBW throttle body and the evap solenoid was broke along with 2 manifold studs, but that's not a problem, I have a few things up my sleeve that would have dumped that intake and TB anyway.

GOPR0233.JPG

GOPR0234.JPG

GOPR0235.JPG

GOPR0232.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts