99 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Damn! That your trike? Pretty cool. More details on the 6.0 Escalade. Junker? What year and miles? What are you gonna put it in? Now you have me all excited again dammit!! :ehcapt:

Wish it was my trike!! I came across that last night while searching for a trike kit for my buddy's Ultra Classic and thought it was bad ass.

It's an 02 Escy with 84k miles. It was smashed into a tree, could have gotten the whole rig for $1800 but, long story short, shop has it, his employee crashed it and he had to pay blue book to customer for it but never got a title. Think the owner took the money and didn't pay it off so technically it isn't stolen but has a lien so no title. Didn't want to take it without title, offered him $1000 for the engine. Pulling it for a buddy for his 65 GTO because the 400 has blowby. I told him if he didn't want it I'll take it and use it for something. Maybe the old lady's Equinox. Haha.

My Fatboy. She's an oldy but goody. Tons of chrome and I put a 6 speed in it last year.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Wish it was my trike!! I came across that last night while searching for a trike kit for my buddy's Ultra Classic and thought it was bad ass.

It's an 02 Escy with 84k miles. It was smashed into a tree, could have gotten the whole rig for $1800 but, long story short, shop has it, his employee crashed it and he had to pay blue book to customer for it but never got a title. Think the owner took the money and didn't pay it off so technically it isn't stolen but has a lien so no title. Didn't want to take it without title, offered him $1000 for the engine. Pulling it for a buddy for his 65 GTO because the 400 has blowby. I told him if he didn't want it I'll take it and use it for something. Maybe the old lady's Equinox. Haha.

My Fatboy. She's an oldy but goody. Tons of chrome and I put a 6 speed in it last year.

View attachment 74788
Super low miles. How about the interior? Gotta be a lot if goodies in there.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! That your trike? Pretty cool. More details on the 6.0 Escalade. Junker? What year and miles? What are you gonna put it in? Now you have me all excited again dammit!! :ehcapt:

X2 what's the Esky engine going in? LQ9's are great motors got 160k on it and runs mint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Super low miles. How about the interior? Gotta be a lot if goodies in there.

He sold the seats and transfer case once we decided to just take engine.

X2 what's the Esky engine going in? LQ9's are great motors got 160k on it and runs mint

GTO. I told buddy he wanted the LQ9 before an LQ4. Just not sure f the truck intake is gonna clear hood. Already needs to swap exhaust manifolds for ones off a Camaro due to clearance issues.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He sold the seats and transfer case once we decided to just take engine.

GTO. I told buddy he wanted the LQ9 before an LQ4. Just not sure f the truck intake is gonna clear hood. Already needs to swap exhaust manifolds for ones off a Camaro due to clearance issues.

That will be a pretty badass swap an LQ4 isn't worth the time imo LQ9's are great engines 10:1 compression, aluminum heads etc. and so much you can do with them and 345hp stock is pretty darn good

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Yesterday I got the rebuild kit for the alternator. Pretty straight forward install. Somehow I screwed up tho. Put it all together and I had continuity between the battery post terminal and the housing. Tore it down again to find that the bolts they gave me in the kit didn't have an insulated sleeve on one of the screws that hold the regulator to the case which was grounding out the positive side of the regulator. The bolts were a little long too and protruded out the back of the case too far for my liking. My fix was to just use the old bolts.

image.jpeg

As you can see, I greased the shit out of the rear needle bearing. Front bearing is a sealed unit so no extra grease should be needed.

image.jpeg

Put case back together for the second time and everything tested great. Installed the alternator and fired it up. Awesome we are charging at 13.8V and no squeaking noise. Let it run while I cleaned up my tools and after 10 minutes I hear something squeaking. Rev it up and sure as shit, sounds like the exact same noise!? Wtf!! I pulled the idler and greased the shit out of the bearing to see if it would go away. It didn't. Did the same with the tensioner, still squeaked. Went to Napa and bought both tensioner and idler and installed. Same shit!! Started it up with belt off, nothing. Spun compressor, P/S and water pump pulleys and hear nothing. Spin alternator and I can slightly hear something. Obviously can't spin it fast enough so I pulled alternator and tore it down again. Tried putting rear needle bearing farther into case (tighter) to push armature forward. Put back together and installed. Same shit. Took back off, tore it down, moved needle bearing back farther than it was originally (looser) and put it together and back on, same shit. Sounds like noise is coming from rear of case. Gotta be rear bearing. Original noise was front bearing, can even feel it.

So last night about 8pm I gave up and went in. It's apart on bench but I was up Thursday at 9pm for work and by 23hrs later I was too tired to keep going. I'll figure it out today. Even if I have to go back to original rear needle bearing. I'm getting really pissed. I have a lot to do today and this wasn't on the list. I'll update later tonight.

As for Esky motor pull, I got this pic from my buddy showing me that the guy did pull the front end for us. Should be a cake walk 2mrw.

image.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You are one patient individual! I would've thrown the alternator through the wall and bought a rebuilt. I give you a lot if credit.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
You are one patient individual! I would've thrown the alternator through the wall and bought a rebuilt. I give you a lot if credit.

Believe me, I was about to. But having so much other shit to do and buy for the other vehicles right now, I had to be patient and make this work. Good thing is it's an easy R&R on the alternator.

Here I am draining oil on Dmax and getting ready to tear the brakes off and I look up my parts coming and they won't be here til Tuesday now. And I can't find my oil filter, so off to the parts store I went for the second time in 2 days. Didn't have my RoyalPurple or K&N oil filter so I had to go with a Mobile1. Seems like nothing is going right for me the past couple days. No tracking on tuning software as of yet, and my new computer will be here Wednesday. Seems like a couple days of rest is in order for me. I'll take it.

image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec