99 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know, finally got the Hoe back. Not completely done, but it's back!

Sounds good bro. What's left besides the burnout video? Lol. Bet your happy or should I say, the ole lady, it's her driver isn't it? Just messing with ya.

True I wish these trucks were 4wd and not AWD that's what does these diffs in, but let us know what you get hopefully it's some kinda Escalade

I will update with our decision. I say our because I like to think I have some say so. Ok, she might read this, I'll update with her decision. Haha.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Gotta get the front prop shaft in there, y pipe is in the way, and still has the stock muffler in it. They didn't put in the mbrp I gave them. It's pretty quick for a truck! Lol, can't wait til the gf drives it for the first time! Thx buddy.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Tuning shop said its gonna be 4 weeks before I can get in there. Screw it, I'm ordering the tuning software and doing it myself. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on, I ordered 2 books on tuning with HP Tuners and watched numerous YouTube videos. In the meantime, I went after this damn squeaking noise. It's not an idler or the tensioner, it's the damn bearing in the alternator. The thing still charges so I refuse to buy a new one. I tore it down, cleaned up the armature and bushings and popped out the front bearing. New one ordered and will be here Wednesday. Also I'm contemplating ordering 1.6 rockers so I can change them when I install my new fabricated valve covers. Gonna order tuning software 2mrw if I don't hear back from my brother. He has done some work for the guy that owns HP tuners and I've actually met him too. He sold my brother his wife's car and I took him to go get it. Guy lives about an hour north of me in Deer Park IL. Had a bad ass Lambo in his garage and a road racer Viper. Dudes like mid 30's and has life by the balls. So anyway, my brother is gonna see if he can get me a deal on software with as many credits as he can get me. Otherwise I'm just gonna go ahead and order the Pro version with 8 credits. He's got until 2mrw to let me know.

I'm usually not this bad at not throwing up pics on my posts, I'll snap a few before work and post them up. It's past my bedtime now.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Ok, now it's ready for blasting and paint. Might just change the brushes, regulator and diodes while I'm in here. Still be cheaper than buying a new or reman unit.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Housings, pulley, spacers, nut, washer, fan and bolts are all painted. Ordered a complete rebuild kit which should be here Friday. Went ahead and ordered tuning software tonight also. Think I'm gonna buy myself a new laptop for tuning and also for my Bendtech Pro software. Something cheap like an Acer.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Can't wait to see this thing finished.

I'm so ready for this portion to be done so I can drive it for a while as I'm collecting parts for trans.

How much is a rebuild kit? Compared to buying a rebuilt alternate?

$48 shipped for rebuild kit. Bearing showed up but I couldn't find it in me to put old parts back into this thing and only change the bearing. I figure half the cost of a new one and everything is new now besides armature and stator. But this thing charged fine, it was only squeaking. My luck, sure as shit if I changed just the bearing it would stop charging a week later. I'm waiting for software anyway might as well do something.

image.jpeg

Have to do some work to the Dirtymax this weekend. It needs an alternator. Funny thing is I have a 140A in the Denali but the 2500hd is only a 105A. That struck me as odd. Anyway, going to change alt, belt, window motor and regulator, replace drivers side upper A-arm and front brake job. Then I have to go pull a 6.0 out of an Escalade. Good thing is it's gonna be 70* this weekend here in Chicago. Looking forward to it. Almost bike season.

image.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm so ready for this portion to be done so I can drive it for a while as I'm collecting parts for trans.

$48 shipped for rebuild kit. Bearing showed up but I couldn't find it in me to put old parts back into this thing and only change the bearing. I figure half the cost of a new one and everything is new now besides armature and stator. But this thing charged fine, it was only squeaking. My luck, sure as shit if I changed just the bearing it would stop charging a week later. I'm waiting for software anyway might as well do something.

View attachment 74786

Have to do some work to the Dirtymax this weekend. It needs an alternator. Funny thing is I have a 140A in the Denali but the 2500hd is only a 105A. That struck me as odd. Anyway, going to change alt, belt, window motor and regulator, replace drivers side upper A-arm and front brake job. Then I have to go pull a 6.0 out of an Escalade. Good thing is it's gonna be 70* this weekend here in Chicago. Looking forward to it. Almost bike season.

View attachment 74787
Damn! That your trike? Pretty cool. More details on the 6.0 Escalade. Junker? What year and miles? What are you gonna put it in? Now you have me all excited again dammit!! :ehcapt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu