2017 PPV NEW MEMBER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Ezytrappin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you tried your horn yet? On ppvs they usually don't work. Lots of guys here with ppvs who can guide you in the right direction. Welcome from NJ.
Have you tried your horn yet? On ppvs they usually don't work. Lots of guys here with ppvs who can guide you in the right direction. Welcome from NJ.
Just tried it and it works I’m falling in love with this truck more and more lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just tried it and it works I’m falling in love with this truck more and more lol
That's a first. Good for you. Usually they're disconnected because they're used to activate lights and/or sirens, and when it's decommissioned the horn wire is usually cut right along with all the other emergency equipment. Maybe the selling dealer connected it--besides adding the center console.

OP
OP
E

Ezytrappin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forum, recently purchased 17 Tahoe ppv just hoping this forum still active just need help getting my truck together has a center console but nothing is hooked up I managed to find one connector to hook up for 1 cigarette lighter I’m thinking find a junk yard or parts car and find harnesses to tie into don’t really care for heated seats just want all usb hookup. Going to go with aftermarket radio for CarPlay I would switch to upgrade to io6 but considering time and $$ I just don’t want to do it so I’m fine with going after market. Going to cut off 3rd cat TRUE dual it and probably put some black widow race venoms on it. And gotta find some factory Tahoe rims. I will keep these though I like them just don’t want to really be to “fed” Any pointers family?
Just got my range afm disabler today she got some real giddy up now lol now install exhaust and hear her talk some junk lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Ezytrappin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forum, recently purchased 17 Tahoe ppv just hoping this forum still active just need help getting my truck together has a center console but nothing is hooked up I managed to find one connector to hook up for 1 cigarette lighter I’m thinking find a junk yard or parts car and find harnesses to tie into don’t really care for heated seats just want all usb hookup. Going to go with aftermarket radio for CarPlay I would switch to upgrade to io6 but considering time and $$ I just don’t want to do it so I’m fine with going after market. Going to cut off 3rd cat TRUE dual it and probably put some black widow race venoms on it. And gotta find some factory Tahoe rims. I will keep these though I like them just don’t want to really be to “fed” Any pointers family?
Ok guys ran into my first problem. My truck won’t start. I’m thinking maybe it’s some modules still hooked up draining power somewhere but can’t find them any pointers? I checked voltage on both batt and alt they are good. But I went to grocery store earlier got home. And was leaving back out and all I got was click click got my jump box started right up so just scratching my head and of course she would wait until Sunday night when the weekend over to start acting funny

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok guys ran into my first problem. My truck won’t start. I’m thinking maybe it’s some modules still hooked up draining power somewhere but can’t find them any pointers? I checked voltage on both batt and alt they are good. But I went to grocery store earlier got home. And was leaving back out and all I got was click click got my jump box started right up so just scratching my head and of course she would wait until Sunday night when the weekend over to start acting funny
How old is/are the batteries? When I bought theothertwin, the batteries were mismatched and one had 5 dead cells. It kept draining the good one.

OP
OP
E

Ezytrappin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How old is/are the batteries? When I bought theothertwin, the batteries were mismatched and one had 5 dead cells. It kept draining the good one.
So primary battery is from ‘21 secondary is from ‘22 I tested voltage I could t test drop-down voltage because I’m by myself. I tested alternator that was good. I’m thinking batteries or maybe some modules are hooked up somewhere ik with my impala I had to disconnect all those in the trunk. I’ll check for those today when I get off work.

jabre

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting coincidence - got to the airport yesterday and found my 2017 PPV dead. Had to jump start. Got it home and everything was fine. Figured I left an interior light on. Then this morning found it dead again. Disconnected both batteries and found one at 12.5V and the other at 4.5V. Likely an internal shorted cell. Replaced the 4.5V battery as I'm not even going to bother trying to charge it. All good now for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz