2011 Avalanche Build (Wrecked)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the voice commands for the radio in these? It seems like the responses are long and unnecessary. For instance if I want to call my wife:

*holds button down for 2 seconds
''Ready?"
"Call the wife"
"Call the wife using David's Iphone?"
"Yes"
"Calling the wife using David's Iphone."
*starts ringing

Any way to disable something to where is just calls instead of having all of the confirmation crap? Or am I just being petty? Clearly I am wanting to us "David's Iphone" since it is the only phone paired to the truck lol

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Could be worse.

Is anyone familiar with the voice commands for the radio in these? It seems like the responses are long and unnecessary. For instance if I want to call my wife:

*holds button down for 2 seconds
''Ready?"
"Call the wife"
"the wife has a name"
"she does?"
"call (insert wife's name here) using a$$hole's iPhone?"
“YES"
"calling the reason you're not miserable and alone you chauvinist bastard."
*starts ringing

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Title made it in today!

I should be meeting with a guy this evening to sell my current ride. As long as he does not back out, I will be in the Avalanche tomorrow!

I called the tag office and I have to pay $1200 in tax/tag/title fees. Outrageous!

They tax us here in GA (not sure if they do it everywhere) 6.5% of what the state values your vehicle at. GA thinks that my Avalanche is worth just over $16k. You can appeal it, which I intend to since I only paid $5400 for a SALVAGE vehicle, but I have not heard of anything having any luck with doing so.

Even so, after everything is said and done, after paynig the taxes and EVERYTHING that have done thus far, I should be in it foR under $8K.
A little revision to this...Only ended up having to pay $5000 for the Avalanche. $1200 in parts/labor/paint. $950 in taxes.

So I came out about $800 cheaper than I had originally anticipated. After selling my Tahoe (that I bought 2 years ago for $4000) for $5400, I am in this Avalanche for less than $2000. Very happy with it. It is a much better ride. It even seems to have more space in all of the seats.

Once we get in our new house in August/September, I intend on doing some kind of exhaust and COI. Until then, my extra money is going to some cool house items! Like rugs, appliances...and curtain rods :(

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a pleasure to follow this thread David and we're all very proud of your achievements here. That you were able to make a profit on your old truck and be in it when all is said in done for so little is quite a feat!

Voice Commands do that because of Onstar, the programming is differentiating between your bluetooth connected phone and the optional Onstar phone. It's just not smart enough to drop the extra prompts when the other service is not active. Your owner's manual will have most, if not all of the voice commands, might be a way to get the call moving faster.

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So about 2 weeks ago I went and had an alignment done on the Avalanche. Steering wheel was off a bit. Surely it was due to the accident.

I just dropped off the Avalanche again the have the tires balanced and have the front rotors turned. They seem to be pretty warped. I intend on replacing everything at a later time. I am going out of town this weekend, and needed a quick and cheap fix to get me by.

I have read a lot of different stuff on here about using ACDelco and Powerstop products. When I go to replace rotors and pads, what should I go with? I don't anticipate on doing much towing. The Avalanche is only rated for like 5k anyways. Don't think that I need a super duper performance set up, but I do not want to have to deal with warped rotors for a while. Suggestions?

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
I just re-did my entire brake system with NAPA fleet rotors up front and Napa Gold series in the back. Very happy with them and also used their Adaptive One ceramic pads. Very little brake dust, no noise and stops great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just re-did my entire brake system with NAPA fleet rotors up front and Napa Gold series in the back. Very happy with them and also used their Adaptive One ceramic pads. Very little brake dust, no noise and stops great

May be worth looking in to. I am just looking for the best bang for my buck. I am not against a house brand rotor or pad if they have decent reviews.

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
May be worth looking in to. I am just looking for the best bang for my buck. I am not against a house brand rotor or pad if they have decent reviews.
I got a hook up price on mine because my dad did a lot of business with them in the past. But I think retail, the whole shebang should be around 350-400. I paid just under 400 with new front calipers too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts