2011 Avalanche Build (Wrecked)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the cruise control light on the steering wheel will still light up. I tried to set the cruise, but it will not set. I did not see the traction control error, but I only drove like 3 miles. Maybe a bad brake pedal sensor? All brake lights work as they should.

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been driving the Avalanche around. It rides SOOOO much better than my Tahoe did. It is crazy. Everything works flawless, but I think I am going to throw on a new brake pedal switch to see if that fixes the cruise control. Would the brake lights still function normally if the switch was bad?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been driving the Avalanche around. It rides SOOOO much better than my Tahoe did. It is crazy. Everything works flawless, but I think I am going to throw on a new brake pedal switch to see if that fixes the cruise control. Would the brake lights still function normally if the switch was bad?

Yes. Don't try to fix the contacts or buy an aftermarket one, stick with GM OE or ACDELCO.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cruise has not worked a few times. The brake lights stilled worked, though. I found that if I jab the brake pedal one good time and/or pull back on it with my foot behind it, the cruise will work again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts