2008 Yukon Denali, 135k miles, part 2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My, my, my it's been awhile since I checked in on this thread! Best of luck on the cross country trip! I need to get a build/resto thread going on my wife's Escalade since your build threads inspire as always!

Thanks!

I'm sitting in Montana right now. 2500 miles without any major problems. I do have a vibration at 80 mph and up though. The speed limit in MT is 80, so its a bit annoying. I did hit 100 mph a few times passing some ******* truck drivers. I gotta say, a tuned 6.2 hauls ASS!

I'm thinking the vibration might be old shocks or driveshaft. I need a new driveshaft for my HP goals, and I'll slap on new shocks when I get back.

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck, new shocks are $$$, unless you don't have the magneride or whatever. I'm afraid of what new shocks on mine would cost.

Who did your tuning? I have HPT, but I'm not experienced enough to DIY. I'd like to get someone else's tune and learn off of that...

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm sitting in Montana right now. 2500 miles without any major problems. I do have a vibration at 80 mph and up though. The speed limit in MT is 80, so its a bit annoying. I did hit 100 mph a few times passing some ******* truck drivers. I gotta say, a tuned 6.2 hauls ASS!

I'm thinking the vibration might be old shocks or driveshaft. I need a new driveshaft for my HP goals, and I'll slap on new shocks when I get back.
Yeah I'm wondering if the auto ride shocks on my wife's Escalade are due for changing. The rear ones have those air ride bladders on them and I feel like the compressor runs a lot more often than it should. But then again I've never owned a Caddy before and none of my previous NBS trucks were equipped with auto ride so idk how to tell, lol

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm wondering if the auto ride shocks on my wife's Escalade are due for changing. The rear ones have those air ride bladders on them and I feel like the compressor runs a lot more often than it should. But then again I've never owned a Caddy before and none of my previous NBS trucks were equipped with auto ride so idk how to tell, lol
Feel the air bags in the back after the truck has been sitting for a while and see if they still have air in them, they should. I got original BWI rear shocks off of Amazon for $200 a piece, then sold my old ones to Arnott for $50.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm at a local shop in Denver. Vibrations still there but now with low speed noises.

Great.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diagnosis is bad wheel bearing and dead motor mount.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
405 HP, good body, some rough edges but nothing I can't handle. I'll need tires too. It gets delivered Tues. That 6.2 V8 is ******* strong. 6 speed is good but I need to tune it ;)

GYAEtpN.jpg

you lucky mofo, you changed years on us lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts