2008 Yukon Denali, 135k miles, part 2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you change it yourself or have it professionally done? I've always wondered how difficult these are to change on a full size GM truck

I had it done at the same shop that caused my brake problems. I think you can brace the engine on the oil pan then replace the mount.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on making my idle smoother. I did 3 things.

- reprogrammed the pcm to idle a higher at 625 rpm

- cleaned maf. Use dedicated maf cleaner.

- cleaned throttle body. Use dedicated cleaner for this as some destroy coatings and the plastic.

Holy moly this is dirty

BMDOgKT.jpg

LorRHDw.jpg

After cleaning

b6k7sjb.jpg

ilnweUn.jpg

The pcm takes time to relearn the throttle body after it's disconnected. Shifts are weird and throttle response sucked. I did a few drives on the highway and it's better now.

Overall the Yukon idles nicer. I'll post later if this changes. It's nice that it idles like a luxury (sort of) vehicle should.

Ohh and I read some idle lumpiness is inherent to the engine design. The 6.2 and other engines have heads that flow so well it's hard to get a super controlled volume of air at idle.

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on making my idle smoother. I did 3 things.

- reprogrammed the pcm to idle a higher at 625 rpm

- cleaned maf. Use dedicated maf cleaner.

- cleaned throttle body. Use dedicated cleaner for this as some destroy coatings and the plastic.

Holy moly this is dirty

BMDOgKT.jpg

LorRHDw.jpg

After cleaning

b6k7sjb.jpg

ilnweUn.jpg

The pcm takes time to relearn the throttle body after it's disconnected. Shifts are weird and throttle response sucked. I did a few drives on the highway and it's better now.

Overall the Yukon idles nicer. I'll post later if this changes. It's nice that it idles like a luxury (sort of) vehicle should.

Ohh and I read some idle lumpiness is inherent to the engine design. The 6.2 and other engines have heads that flow so well it's hard to get a super controlled volume of air at idle.
I need to clean the TB and MAF on my Caddy now! Damn you and your inspirational attention to detail!

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a fairly quick polish. Meguiars 105 then 205 then Klasse sealant. The dealer tried to clean it but left tons of swirls. 3 hours work, not too bad. The porter cable random orbital makes things faster.

Btw klasse is awesome.
FggFjoJ.jpg

It rained pretty much right after I finished. I couldn't get a good shot.
twpJaqc.jpg

I did get a good close up of beading.
FkRSXlW.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice beads. Like the Klasse and it leaves a good coating.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the Klasse All-In-One, or AIO.

Terrific for adding depth and clarity, especially on metallic paint. Makes the metallic flecks appear almost three-dimensional or holographic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally my front end is done. I had been close but got the wrong drivers hub. It was for a gmt800. It fit but the abs connector didn't work. I was outside of the return window so had to eat $130. :(

All done.
- brake lines
- pads
- calipers
- rotors (again)
- end links
- wheel hub

She now feels reliable.

jZn3B4J.jpg

Now I start looking at a LSA supercharger.... or a turbo. I'm undecided.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the Kassel All-In-One, or AIO.

Terrific for adding depth and clarity, especially on metallic paint. Makes the metallic flecks appear almost three-dimensional or holographic.

I have that aio too. It might be my equipment but the aio leaves a haze. I prefer to polish the shit out of the paint and is the other klasse without polish in it.

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally my front end is done. I had been close but got the wrong drivers hub. It was for a gmt800. It fit but the abs connector didn't work. I was outside of the return window so had to eat $130. :(

All done.
- brake lines
- pads
- calipers
- rotors (again)
- end links
- wheel hub

She now feels reliable.

Now I start looking at a LSA supercharger.... or a turbo. I'm undecided.
Looking good man! What's the make and part number of that GMT800 hub? If I can use it on my wife's 2006 Escalade I'll take it off your hands so you aren't out that money...