2008 Yukon Denali, 135k miles, part 2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine and trans tuned. Stock VE table updated. MAF tuned, timing adjusted, fuel leaned out a little. Trans also tuned. I paid for help on this since the GMT900s are much more complex. When I learn more I'll do the tuning on my own.

The trans shifts fast and hard. There is now very little torque management on shifts. Even on dry pavement I chirp the tired when launched.

Farting around....

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Sounds mean, and I'm sure it's night and day difference from the ol' five three.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds mean, and I'm sure it's night and day difference from the ol' five three.

The Gen3 5.3 was a slug compared to this 6.2. The lower first and extra gears really help as well.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the plugs. The passenger rear wasn't as bad as people say. Just have an assortment of extensions and go from underneath a little.

My friend says the old ones were recently put in. At least I have peace of mind!

8Pvp5uS.jpg

I also installed new 118db horns. Hella Supertones.

2KD3ExA.jpg

I have a set of piaa 115db horns I'll add soon as well. DC driving necessitates this.

w0d33I9.jpg

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Velcro behind locks mod. The inside is sooooo much quieter.

https://goo.gl/images/IOV79W

Please elaborate on this mod, as I am not getting the jist from the photos alone.
Is the Velcro having to do with the lock stem assembly, the lock actuator, or what?

ETA: I found the YouTube video and now understand. Seems like a good mod for rattling lock stems. I don't have that particular issue---the lock actuators themselves are noisy in my ride as they operate.
Thanks

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Please elaborate on this mod, as I am not getting the jist from the photos alone.
Is the Velcro having to do with the lock stem assembly, the lock actuator, or what?

ETA: I found the YouTube video and now understand. Seems like a good mod for rattling lock stems. I don't have that particular issue---the lock actuators themselves are noisy in my ride as they operate.
Thanks

Im assuming this mod is to quiet them as they lock? mine sounds like little .22 gun shot when i lock them or i put the car in drive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne