2007 Yukon Denali Build (This got outta hand really quick...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wrapped up today with some great progress. For the most part the supercharger install is done with only a few minor things to do still. Still need to get the heat exchanger mounted and installed as well as some wiring and intake fabrication but I'm very happy with where I left things off. I could have rushed this and done a back yard install but in the end I'll be happy I took the extra time to make sure everything is wired and ran correctly looking OEM. I had to make some modifications to the bracket kit I received just incase I want to remove water pump bolts without removing idler pulleys first. Everything lined up great and the belt rides in the MIDDLE ribs on the supercharger.

20170707073542-a17d2a37-me.jpg

20170707073553-ffbebca3-me.jpg

Missing the finished weld picture of the idler bracket but I will update post when I pull it to paint. Also need to paint the Alternator/PS pump bracket and the PS Pump itself...

i.php

20170707143850-9c5b0a16-me.jpg

Belt fits great, not too worried about belt slip at the moment but might be an issue when I downsize the pulley to increase blower RPM. Factory truck damper is only 7.5" vs 8.5" or larger on most LSA vehicles. Basically don't think I will be making enough boost but we will find out soon enough. I am ready to pull the trigger on an interchangeable blower hub/pulley system if needed.

i.php

Kooks Y Pipe Installed...

20170707073456-a8868766-xl.jpg

Tomorrow (Saturday) I should have the heat exchanger installed and most of the other odds and ends wrapped up. I will try to take more pictures, been very hard to multitask.

Last edited:

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good!! How's the clearance with the front drive shaft?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good!! How's the clearance with the front drive shaft?

I don't see it being an issue... I will take a better pic tomorrow. Here is a larger pic of the Y Pipe. Clearance to the transmission pan is good too, almost wondering if I should go with a deep finned pan with a drain plug. Changing transmission oil on these is a pain and messy...

20170707073450-a44de62c-xl.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I don't see it being an issue... I will take a better pic tomorrow. Here is a larger pic of the Y Pipe. Clearance to the transmission pan is good too, almost wondering if I should go with a deep finned pan with a drain plug. Changing transmission oil on these is a pain and messy...

I'd def do the drain plug. You'll be glad you did it the first time you change the fluid.

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Looks like plenty of room thanks

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wrapped up today with some great progress. For the most part the supercharger install is done with only a few minor things to do still. Still need to get the heat exchanger mounted and installed as well as some wiring and intake fabrication but I'm very happy with where I left things off. I could have rushed this and done a back yard install but in the end I'll be happy I took the extra time to make sure everything is wired and ran correctly looking OEM. I had to make some modifications to the bracket kit I received just incase I want to remove water pump bolts without removing idler pulleys first. Everything lined up great and the belt rides in the MIDDLE ribs on the supercharger.

20170707073542-a17d2a37-me.jpg

20170707073553-ffbebca3-me.jpg

Missing the finished weld picture of the idler bracket but I will update post when I pull it to paint. Also need to paint the Alternator/PS pump bracket and the PS Pump itself...

i.php

20170707143850-9c5b0a16-me.jpg

Belt fits great, not too worried about belt slip at the moment but might be an issue when I downsize the pulley to increase blower RPM. Factory truck damper is only 7.5" vs 8.5" or larger on most LSA vehicles. Basically don't think I will be making enough boost but we will find out soon enough. I am ready to pull the trigger on an interchangeable blower hub/pulley system if needed.

i.php

Kooks Y Pipe Installed...

20170707073456-a8868766-xl.jpg

Tomorrow (Saturday) I should have the heat exchanger installed and most of the other odds and ends wrapped up. I will try to take more pictures, been very hard to multitask.
Whos brackets did you use?

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whos brackets did you use?
Brackets I got were from NextGen Performance, Link below... Only reason I had to modify the idler bracket is because my VVT setup. Seems the tuck water pump was revised or is different for VVT as it has a bulge where the bracket couldn't sit flat. I was able to fix that easily with 2 small cuts and a weld as seen above. The truck water pump also has more room behind it for the VVT stuff at top of the valve cover. I guess all in all if you were to do this yourself on a VVT truck I would suggest getting an F Body water pump and then get their kit that comes with 3/4"(?) spacers to get it lined up properly. Nothing I couldn't handle though.

These guys were in HotRod magazine for the whole swap thing... Both links below

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/next...-blowers-new-life-4-8-5-3-6-0-gen-iiis-heres/

http://lsspeedshop.com

Looks like plenty of room thanks

If anyone is looking for a set of Kooks Y Pipes, PM me. I have a brand new unopened box I am willing to let go at a reasonable price/offer. I'm in South East Michigan if anyone local wants to pickup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia