2 Included maintenance visits - did you use them and how did it go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda nervous to use the included service as I'm particular about doing basic work myself. When did you take your's in and how did it go? I do need the reprogram recal thing done so I'll probably do both.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using the dealership for all my oil changes and tire rotations as it was included free for the first 2 years. Not a single issue so far. I don't see why you wouldn't take advantage of the free services....

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will say this...

-Rick Hendrick Chevy: checks alignment at EVERY visit (in the bay where you pull in). never said nothing. Tons of work on our truck, oil changes and little things under warranty.

-McElveen GMC Buick: first visit, out of warranty at 43k. they found the alignment to be bad, which they said was wearing the front tires bald on the edges (i thought it was just the crappy Bridgestones). They found two items to be flushed for $300 each. The Battery died the next day, second day the side zone radar went out, third day the engine started missing due to an AFM malfunction.

so yeah, you should be wary of the dealer...

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the free oil and filter changes along with the tire rotations....this is harmless stuff. Also let them handle the recall and warranty issues. After that...unless you know and trust them...stay away.

OP
OP
Burby

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't trust any of the dealer service. I've put major mileage on 2 Equinox, Camry, Chrysler 300, 4runner. All new fleet cars all taken to the quickie lube guys. Never took to a dealer and never had a single problem or recall. My personal cars I've done all the work including major bearing swaps.

The service arms of the dealerships don't survive on recalls and oil changes. Their operating budget depends on booking $1000's a day in service. Walk under your car, yank on some hoses, little pin hole here, little slice to the CV boot here.

There is a guy in another forum thread looking at $5000 work after 50K miles. That is insane. Forget these free services. I'll rotate tires and change my own oil and spend the money out of pocket to avoid any shenanigans.

I'm scheduled to go in later this week but I might rethink it.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I stopped changing my own oil 15 years ago. Been going to the same dealership all that time. Bought 7 cars from them and all I let them do is oil changes , tire rotation and state inspection with only 1 issue in all that time. Maybe you need to find a different dealer

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer said if I want to use Full Synthetic oil I have to pay for it..Otherwise GM 0-20 Dexos Synthetic Blend goes in..The dealer claims it is a waste of money to use Full Synthetic oil in the Tahoe.. I really do not a agree with that..Am I wrong?

They claim their 0-20 Synthetic Blend can go easily to 7500 miles..I get into a gridlock so might dump the Blend out at 5 or 6K miles.

My plan is to let them do the first 2 oil changes then I will go to Full Synthetic Mobil 1 after that.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said if I want to use Full Synthetic oil I have to pay for it..Otherwise GM 0-20 Dexos Synthetic Blend goes in..The dealer claims it is a waste of money to use Full Synthetic oil in the Tahoe.. I really do not a agree with that..Am I wrong?

They claim their 0-20 Synthetic Blend can go easily to 7500 miles..I get into a gridlock so might dump the Blend out at 5 or 6K miles.

My plan is to let them do the first 2 oil changes then I will go to Full Synthetic Mobil 1 after that.

I use Mobil 1 period. I pay the 30$. I've never had an issue or any burnt oil. I would do the Mobil 1 from the beginning though. I believe that's when you get a lot of wear before the car breaks in. It's always worked for me and knock wood never had an engine issue during my ownership of the trucks.

wu6fiend

Reaction score
I just had the first oil change, and decided to use the Mobil 1 place I've been going to for years. Sure I had to pay, but I stayed with the Yukon, and was in & out in 30 mins, versus sitting waiting in the dealership waiting room for hours, while they are doing who knows what to the vehicle. I don't think I will use either of the free changes. Just not convenient, and I don't like people I don't know and trust touch my vehicles. I went with the Mobil 1 synthetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645