2 Included maintenance visits - did you use them and how did it go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The service arms of the dealerships don't survive on recalls and oil changes. Their operating budget depends on booking $1000's a day in service. Walk under your car, yank on some hoses, little pin hole here, little slice to the CV boot here.
That behavior exists but it's not remotely isolated to dealer service centers.

The most pervasive move, which happens 80% of the time at any lube shop, is where the service rep scoops up some muddy water from a puddle, puts it in a test tube, and tries to tell you it's your differential fluid. I had that happen to me on a flat tire fix, literally a week after I had my differential fluid changed somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I worked at one those so called goofy tunes aka or cheap oil change place. Their business model is set up to suck you in and the sell filters and tune ups and whatever it's all bullcrap if you can change your own oil your better off but at some point in your life you'll get tired and then it's time to find a place you can trust. Don't let em upsell get a second opinion

OP
OP
Burby

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting to hear about the Dexos blend you guys mention. I'll go back to full synthetic next change.

So I got the service today and it went fine. Took everybit of 2 hours BUT they did two reprogramming recalls. Check it out - the new recall is for the 28770 transfer case control module. You/we have not gotten the notice yet so don't freak out. I'm still researching what it entails.

OP
OP
Burby

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the service rep scoops up some muddy water from a puddle, puts it in a test tube, and tries to tell you it's your differential fluid.

While waiting for the Burb to get done I watched the Chevy service manager bring out a tray with 4 test tubes of fluid to show some older woman also waiting in the service area. I was suspicious myself watching this guy and your comment confirmed these shenanigans are not exclusive to shady lube shops.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While waiting for the Burb to get done I watched the Chevy service manager bring out a tray with 4 test tubes of fluid to show some older woman also waiting in the service area. I was suspicious myself watching this guy and your comment confirmed these shenanigans are not exclusive to shady lube shops.
They must realize that almost nobody, statistically, knows what differential fluid is or that they have it in their car. Easy scare tactic.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I had the same recall done yesterday when I had to have a cable fixed. They told me to ignore the recall when I receive it in the mail.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took my 2016 in for service this past Tuesday.. The dealer said no recalls after looking at his screen..Now I am starting to wonder if there were recalls..Got the Tahoe last October 2016 but is was made in August 2016.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It said there are no recalls..The site was updated just today.

Thank you for the links!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout