1999 4x4 2 Door Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bunchz71

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered the CV shaft (parts) this AM. hope I can get it done next week

I am assuming since you had your driveshaft lengthened, now you will have to have it shortened back up ?

How much was all the parts ? I may do this just too just in case.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I am assuming since you had your driveshaft lengthened, now you will have to have it shortened back up ?

How much was all the parts ? I may do this just too just in case.

yes he will chop some off of it. I have no idea how much the cost was. I will tell you when I get the total .......... having the front shaft serviced now and will drop the rear off for him to assemble hopefully next week

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunchz71

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes he will chop some off of it. I have no idea how much the cost was. I will tell you when I get the total .......... having the front shaft serviced now and will drop the rear off for him to assemble hopefully next week

Did you not buy the new front shaft when you ordered your lift ? If I would have been thinking, I would have just had my existing lengthened rather than paying $400 for one..... lesson learned.

OP
OP
bunchz71

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a picture I took yesterday. It has come a long way lolTahoe.JPG 2 door.JPG

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Did you not buy the new front shaft when you ordered your lift ? If I would have been thinking, I would have just had my existing lengthened rather than paying $400 for one..... lesson learned.

I have a 97 I didn't need a new drive shaft

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice man. I went through the same crap after swapping in an nv4500. Ended up doing shackle flip and had to get a CV shaft. Vibration almost all gone. My CV shaft was not cheap.

OP
OP
bunchz71

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice man. I went through the same crap after swapping in an nv4500. Ended up doing shackle flip and had to get a CV shaft. Vibration almost all gone. My CV shaft was not cheap.
How much for cv shaft ? I have very little vibration, but still would like to get it completely gone. How much was the shaft ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn