1998 2 door Tahoe 4x4 Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MN-cj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dad has my 98 Tahoe and it has been sitting in a garage for 3 years. Before we try to start it, he wants to get the oil flowing so we do not SCAR the cylinder walls, wreck the bearings, or anything from letting all the oil sit for that long. What would you guys recommend before starting? I thought pulling the plugs and spraying in some marvelous mystery oil in each cylinder but that does not solve the bearing issue. Advice would be appreciated.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On SBC engines you can prime the oil system with an oil primer that goes in place of the distributor and you spin it with a drill. Or you can use a pressure tank and plumb it in through the oil pressure sensor. If you remove the distributor be sure to mark it's position and the position of the rotor and don't rotate the engine while it's out so you can drop it right back in. You will need a scan tool to reset distributor offset when you're done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts