1950 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Just bought this truck on Friday. Picked it up and towed it back.

It is a 1950 with a 1955 235 Straight six and 3 on the tree manual. This truck was rebuilt back in the late 80s, then parked in 2001. Hasnt ran since! All the brakes are shot! Previous owner included all new brake parts, from hoses to wheel cylinders. New master Cylinder too. Also came with new drivers side windshield and rear window. new window seals for front and back. Has the wood bed that needs to be refinished.

Saturday I pulled the plugs and put some oil in the cylinders, let it sit overnight. Sunday I checked the whole truck over, put gas and antifreeze in and tried to start it. No spark. So I replaced the points and condenser, BAM fired up!! Carb needs to be rebuilt as it has gas leaking down the side haha.

Also figure out it needs a new exhaust/intake gasket and a new water pump.

Gonna try to get the brakes done in the next couple weeks, along with rebuilding the ole single barrel Rochester.

Hoping within 2-3 weeks I can have this sucker on the road!
Anyways here are some pics, I will update as I go along.

How I found it. 2 houses down from out lake house in Whitney.
picture.php

picture.php

On the trailer heading home.
picture.php

After a decent scrub down. was hell getting 15 years of dirt off it.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Havent cleaned the engine bay yet.
picture.php

picture.php

And there she is!

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love these trucks. Good find.

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Cant wait to get it on the road. little wheel shop fun.

Attachments

• vrimz_Showwheels__Streeters.jpg
    vrimz_Showwheels__Streeters.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 16

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should make for a nice shop truck/rat rod. I have been wanting to get something like this for awhile also. Let it ratty looking with a LS set up and auto and comfy interior and nice suspension set up. Looks like a really solid body on it though.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool project!! :) You and Yates should have a build off on who can get their trucks done sooner (he's got a '48) :popcorn:

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea Im thinking for now it will be a as is truck. When my boys get older Ill start a Frame off Resto on it. It will be fun to drive around as is for sure. But Im pretty sure Im going to want more power. A 383/t5 would be a pretty sweet combo.

Yates, Got any info on yours? link to a thread?

Pretty sure he would beat me with all that big money he's got. Im pinching pennies here lol.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As is will certainly be cool and those little 235s are really torquey motors! It may turn out that it'll grow on you :)

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea Im thinking for now it will be a as is truck. When my boys get older Ill start a Frame off Resto on it. It will be fun to drive around as is for sure. But Im pretty sure Im going to want more power. A 383/t5 would be a pretty sweet combo.

Yates, Got any info on yours? link to a thread?

Pretty sure he would beat me with all that big money he's got. Im pinching pennies here lol.

Pretty sure you have me beat by just having a complete truck :lol2:

vTgw4iO.jpg

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you have me beat by just having a complete truck :lol2:

vTgw4iO.jpg

HAHA Okay then, yea if nothing else I think I might win on a running driving truck! but my restoration wont be starting any time soon so he might win there lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645