1950 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, I have two S-10 frames and you can have neither :eek:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, I have two S-10 frames and you can have neither :eek:
....and they'll consider sitting exactly where they are at for years to come :lol2:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly they will... I need to go pull the bags out of one of the frames. If I get a house with a little room I will at least bring them to my house, lol.

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think an S-10 frame would be cheaper than parts for the current frame but if the previous owner gave you the parts that def sounds cheaper.

Yea, the only parts I have to buy is a new water pump and a carb rebuild kit so far, a couple little small seals and stuff. If it needed much more money invested, it would definitely just be sitting in a corner till I build my garage.

Gonna try to button up the front end and all brakes this coming weekend. Would be nice to get it off jack stands. Hoping I can finish all that and then start on the carb rebuild and water pump.

Im just happy its cool enough to get out there and work on it.

Next time your cruising through Texas, Your more than welcome to drop one of those frames off haha

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, the only parts I have to buy is a new water pump and a carb rebuild kit so far, a couple little small seals and stuff. If it needed much more money invested, it would definitely just be sitting in a corner till I build my garage.

Gonna try to button up the front end and all brakes this coming weekend. Would be nice to get it off jack stands. Hoping I can finish all that and then start on the carb rebuild and water pump.

Im just happy its cool enough to get out there and work on it.

Next time your cruising through Texas, Your more than welcome to drop one of those frames off haha
Having thoughts of going to LST in Feb but then I remember it is a 16 hour drive and have second thoughts.

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Saturday I did some home stuff, and only had half a day on Sunday. So i got the axle reinstalled, and got the drivers side brakes put back together. Moved to the passenger side and broke a wheel cylinder bolt :emotions122:

So i went ahead and pulled the carb and pulled it apart to figure out which accelerator pump I have. Time to order the carb kit!

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get jelly everytime I open this thread... :oops:

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I finally made some progress on this old thing. Money is very tight right now so I wasn't able to buy much for a while, also the weather just would not cooperate... it would be sunny and 50 during the week, weekends it would either be 30 or raining or both lol.

Christmas I got a bunch of parts for it.
Both tail lights
Stainless brake line set
headliner
bunch of gaskets
water pump
V belt
Thermostat
Upper and lower RAD hoses
Tailgate chains
lug nuts
choke cable
and a few other little things

So far I have buttoned up the brakes, all new wheel cylinders, stainless brake lines, new rubber flex lines, new master cylinder, new shoes, springs, new king pins and cleaned/inspected the front bearings and re greased them with new seals and assembled the front end.

New water pump and gaskets, new thermostat and both housing gaskets, flushed the radiator and block, new upper and lower radiator hoses, new intake/exhaust manifold gaskets, rebuild the carb, New points, rebuilt the starter, rebuilt the generator, and rewired a few things.

Yesterday we adjusted all the wheel cylinders and bled the brakes, ran the engine for a while and then officially went for its first test drive! Engine ran great as did the trans, but Im having some clutch problems, its not re-engaging all the way once you release the pedal. Also having some charging issues to sort out. I also need to flush all of the fluids. All in all it was a awesome day. My uncle has been helping alot on this truck as he used to own a 49, so I let him drive it. Once I sort out the clutch problems Ill take it for a spin. I will take some pics of some of the work I have done soon.

Here is a pic from right before we took it on its first drive!
View media item 25445

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442