07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue 04 Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't front calipers. When I buy pads I buy them for a 2003 suburban. They are just the SUV dual piston rear calipers

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Seriously considering this upgrade after my little accident the other day. Anyone know the best place to get all the parts together?IMG_1329.JPG

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't front calipers. When I buy pads I buy them for a 2003 suburban. They are just the SUV dual piston rear calipers

odd listings for rockauto then.

Can you show specifically what rotors and calipers you purchased?

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Seriously considering this upgrade after my little accident the other day. Anyone know the best place to get all the parts together?View attachment 78552

My goal is to pick up some Calipers from a junkyard for the front rotors, and just refurbish them myself, and paint them. Them get some of the 13in powerstop rotors for the nnbs trucks, and some SS lines. Not in a hurry on this though, gonna start browsing the junkyards now that the weather is good enough.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I figured a junkyard would be the best bet. Or people parting out their trucks on craigslist. Are the NNBS pickup front brakes the same as on the SUVs?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh, this whole time I had no idea that the SS had dual piston rears. Looks like according to Rockauto they are just front calipers in the rear!

FitsRear Left; Silverado 1500 HD; with Phenolic Piston Caliper
OrFront Right; Silverado 1500 Base Model; Rear Disc brakes; with Phenolic Piston Caliper; with Brake Code JC4; GM Brake Codes are on the "Service Parts Identification" sticker.
OrFront Right; Silverado 1500 Base Model; Rear Disc brakes; with Phenolic Piston Caliper; with Brake Code JH1
OrFront Right; Silverado 1500 Base Model; Rear Disc brakes; with Phenolic Piston Caliper; with Brake Code JH2; GM Brake Codes are on the "Service Parts Identification" sticker. (Only 6 Remaining)
The NBS rears are actually better than the NNBS rears. They're dual piston 13". NBS had 12" fronts and 13" rears dual piston. For the NNBS they switched and went with 13" fronts and 12" rears dual piston. So if you switch to the NNBS fronts on your NBS you now have better brakes than the NNBS, 13" front and rear dual piston.

Blue 04 Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
odd listings for rockauto then.

Can you show specifically what rotors and calipers you purchased?

You must run 17" or larger wheels for these front calipers. My 16" steel spare does not fit anymore. Just a FYI

Power stop s4918 calipers for the front
Ac delco 18A1705SD or raybestos 580279per for the 13" front rotors.
Pads for the front I got the power stop z361092

Rear I have OEM ceramic pads on
The raybestos
580165per

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924