Trying to figure out what my custom Denali is worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would get that 1000... If it had an engine to go with it.. MAYBE. They look at metal value, and without the engine, they lose.

Around here he might get 800 if it was a complete truck, running or not. But around here, we dont have rust, so they know they will get their money back from body parts, interior, etc.

He is basically asking someone to buy his truck, that they will have to spend another 3000 (used engine tranny) to 8000+ bucks to be made road worthy.

Or they can spend 4000 on a running truck, and buy the "extra" stuff.

In my opinion, find a salvage yard tranny, or search craigslist and find a tranny engine combo (so you can keep the motor). Make it a driver.

The money is in the parts, or as a driver.. There really isnt much inbetween.. Its not a 68 FireBird/Exotic.
I figured with the wheels noted it might happen, but maybe not.
every time I look at mine it gets worse and worse lol, particularly with the seats and trim pieces, but whatever it runs
if I get something newer it will get tore up as well

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured with the wheels noted it might happen, but maybe not.
every time I look at mine it gets worse and worse lol, particularly with the seats and trim pieces, but whatever it runs
if I get something newer it will get tore up as well
A parts broker doesnt care about the rims on the purchase side, as long as it has some sort of wheel. They are usually after paying the lowest possible price.

Even on the reseller side. Pick and Pull, or whatever junkyard, if its a Self-Serve, they charge for the size of the rim, irregardless of the brand name/style/etc.

If its the full serve style junk yard, then they will charge based on the brand/style/etc.

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to pull the tranny and have my buddy rebuild it. Had the tranny out in less than 5 hours on my back so was feeling pretty good about myself. Should be back up and running this weekend and then I'll need to figure out the rust. If I do it I'm going to do both rockers and driver rear 1/4. Has a few spots but I can replace the whole panel for $200 and only have some spot welds and a 4" seam to deal with. Of course now I'm looking at headers, cam, tune. Damn slippery slope

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I decided to pull the tranny and have my buddy rebuild it. Had the tranny out in less than 5 hours on my back so was feeling pretty good about myself. Should be back up and running this weekend and then I'll need to figure out the rust. If I do it I'm going to do both rockers and driver rear 1/4. Has a few spots but I can replace the whole panel for $200 and only have some spot welds and a 4" seam to deal with. Of course now I'm looking at headers, cam, tune. Damn slippery slope
Any updates, post some pictures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019