07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which rotors and calipers did you go with?

NAPA Eclipse:
SE5469A (right)
SE5470A (left)
The calipers were in NAPA Boxes, but were reman GM stamped calipers.

Rotors:
Power Stop - AR8654XPR

SS Lines:
Centric or Stop Tech - 950.66001

Sent from the *******, mid-push.

CdnDenali

Reaction score
Just confirming this upgrade is for my application?? For 2001 Yukon Denali XL (front brake set-up) and parts would be from 2007+ Tahoe (calipers with mounting braket and hardware with 13" rotors)?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just confirming this upgrade is for my application?? For 2001 Yukon Denali XL (front brake set-up) and parts would be from 2007+ Tahoe (calipers with mounting braket and hardware with 13" rotors)?

That is correct.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get high quality Dot 4... Get synthetic Dot 4 that has the highest boiling point... Price is not too relevant. I would not cheap out on brakes. :D

meh DOT4 has a higher boiling point sure, but it also absorbs water more quickly. I am running dot3 synthetic. Not gonna get it anywhere near the boiling point on that in this truck... we're not doing hot laps on daytona here.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct!

Blue 04 Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this swap on my truck. Best thing I've done for stopping. I used the ac delco slotted rotors and power stop ceramic pads in the front. Ordered everything for a 2005 with rear drum brakes. That gives you the 13" rotor and get the calipers for the same truck. The rear I have Silverado SS dual piston calipers and ac delco slotted rotors with OEM ceramic pads. Best it's ever stopped.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this swap on my truck. Best thing I've done for stopping. I used the ac delco slotted rotors and power stop ceramic pads in the front. Ordered everything for a 2005 with rear drum brakes. That gives you the 13" rotor and get the calipers for the same truck. The rear I have Silverado SS dual piston calipers and ac delco slotted rotors with OEM ceramic pads. Best it's ever stopped.

Huh, this whole time I had no idea that the SS had dual piston rears. Looks like according to Rockauto they are just front calipers in the rear!

FitsRear Left; Silverado 1500 HD; with Phenolic Piston Caliper
OrFront Right; Silverado 1500 Base Model; Rear Disc brakes; with Phenolic Piston Caliper; with Brake Code JC4; GM Brake Codes are on the "Service Parts Identification" sticker.
OrFront Right; Silverado 1500 Base Model; Rear Disc brakes; with Phenolic Piston Caliper; with Brake Code JH1
OrFront Right; Silverado 1500 Base Model; Rear Disc brakes; with Phenolic Piston Caliper; with Brake Code JH2; GM Brake Codes are on the "Service Parts Identification" sticker. (Only 6 Remaining)

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh, this whole time I had no idea that the SS had dual piston rears. Looks like according to Rockauto they are just front calipers in the rear!

FitsRear Left; Silverado 1500 HD; with Phenolic Piston Caliper
OrFront Right; Silverado 1500 Base Model; Rear Disc brakes; with Phenolic Piston Caliper; with Brake Code JC4; GM Brake Codes are on the "Service Parts Identification" sticker.
OrFront Right; Silverado 1500 Base Model; Rear Disc brakes; with Phenolic Piston Caliper; with Brake Code JH1
OrFront Right; Silverado 1500 Base Model; Rear Disc brakes; with Phenolic Piston Caliper; with Brake Code JH2; GM Brake Codes are on the "Service Parts Identification" sticker. (Only 6 Remaining)
So does this mean there is a way to upgrade the rear calipers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14