07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
html5

Nothing showed up

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I didn't read all 17 pages
try it now, and in short, if you're going to do brakes, do it. but don't pull off good working brakes to do it, the upgrade isn't that much of a difference.

Go buy Stainless braided lines if your current brakes are in good shape, and when its time to replace, then I would change.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try it now, and in short, if you're going to do brakes, do it. but don't pull off good working brakes to do it, the upgrade isn't that much of a difference.

Go buy Stainless braided lines if your current brakes are in good shape, and when its time to replace, then I would change.

Kind of what I was thinking. Most upgrades are like that. So just get two calipers, rotors and pads for the front? Rest of the stuff works?

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Kind of what I was thinking. Most upgrades are like that. So just get two calipers, rotors and pads for the front? Rest of the stuff works?

Yeah, best thing to do is find the calipers off a junkyard truck. buy two new rotors (just for the 07-12 model) of your choice, and pads for the same. Everything bolts straight on. Might need a new dust shield.

*IF* your current brakes are ok, don't pull them off. Go ahead and use them up and replace your lines. Going to a Braided hose from the rubber lines is a much more noticeable (pedal) feel.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, best thing to do is find the calipers off a junkyard truck. buy two new rotors (just for the 07-12 model) of your choice, and pads for the same. Everything bolts straight on. Might need a new dust shield.

*IF* your current brakes are ok, don't pull them off. Go ahead and use them up and replace your lines. Going to a Braided hose from the rubber lines is a much more noticeable (pedal) feel.
New ACDelco calipers are cheap, might as well get new so you know they're going to last. Never know what kind of shape the junkyard ones are in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts