07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must run 17" or larger wheels for these front calipers. My 16" steel spare does not fit anymore. Just a FYI

Yes this has been discussed. 17" or larger. You can get a new spare from a wrecking yard.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The NBS rears are actually better than the NNBS rears. They're dual piston 13". NBS had 12" fronts and 13" rears dual piston. For the NNBS they switched and went with 13" fronts and 12" rears dual piston. So if you switch to the NNBS fronts on your NBS you now have better brakes than the NNBS, 13" front and rear dual piston.

Ah right i knew this doh

CdnDenali

Reaction score
I called an over the counter wrecker for '07 Tahoe front caliper/bracket and they wanted $70 a side, not too bad. Tried a Pick-a-part wrecker, got a little muddy, found a Sierra with drums in the rear (after just reading the few last posts of '05 up drum brake trucks), measured the front rotors to be 13", dragged them HEAVY caliper/bracket to the counter and the Chick says, "Its our brake sale today, half off". I said, "Lucky me, how much?" She replies, "$14". My eyebrows raised is shock, "Hell Yea! Here's a little something for you", as I only accepted $4 in change." I couldnt believe it, so I treated myself to lunch at McDicks... So anyways just confirming the calipers fit!! lol

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called an over the counter wrecker for '07 Tahoe front caliper/bracket and they wanted $70 a side, not too bad. Tried a Pick-a-part wrecker, got a little muddy, found a Sierra with drums in the rear (after just reading the few last posts of '05 up drum brake trucks), measured the front rotors to be 13", dragged them HEAVY caliper/bracket to the counter and the Chick says, "Its our brake sale today, half off". I said, "Lucky me, how much?" She replies, "$14". My eyebrows raised is shock, "Hell Yea! Here's a little something for you", as I only accepted $4 in change." I couldnt believe it, so I treated myself to lunch at McDicks... So anyways just confirming the calipers fit!! lol

View attachment 78665

View attachment 78666

Thats awesome!

CdnDenali

Reaction score
Thanks. Just gotta clean them up, paint them, rotor(s) and pads on transit and install them with new crush washers for the brake lines with new brake fluid and the fronts are complete... Was suppose to be a simple replacement store bought parts ($300 rotor/pads), after searching this site for rotor reviews and coming across this post, I went a different route and still saved $120 with supposedely added benifits. Hope I notice the difference after install of all parts.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is a worthwhile upgrade? My front brakes started grinding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep