05 tahoe lowering questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a fee questions that I can't find answers too.I have a 05 ppv tahoe.I want to lower it but I want it driveable.A lot of rough roads here.I have a set of 17 in steel wheels that I'm gonna run,can I run spindles with these?Also what do the jounce things do,mine are rotted.ill post some pics.

20170726_142701.jpg 20170222_180955.jpg

memphizhoe

Reaction score
Spindles will not work with 17s. Trust me. Your best bet is the go with a kit that tony offers. I thought my spindles would fit with my 17s as well ( even said in the description they would ) but after installation the lower ball joint hit the wheel. IMO , I would do the lower control arms in the front and a spring kit in the rear.

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response ..I was looking at the dam lower control arms,seems like a good option..Springs in rear of course.Id love to get one of his kits but 1k is a lot more than I wanna spend.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the belltech spindles work with 17's. they send you a thinner nut for the ball joint and you must trim some off the excess on the ball joint stud to clear 17s. the instructions show how much u must trim

memphizhoe

Reaction score
I have belltech spindles and mine wouldn't fit. I tried the trimming tech nique and to get my 17s to clear I had to actually cut some of their nut off too. Just didn't seem safe so I replaced the ball joints and got bigger wheels.

memphizhoe

Reaction score
Thanks for the response ..I was looking at the dam lower control arms,seems like a good option..Springs in rear of course.Id love to get one of his kits but 1k is a lot more than I wanna spend.

I got a lot of my stuff from him but I had to buy a piece here and buy a piece there. I agree I couldn't afford 1300 or more at one time.

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I'm having hell trying to decide what drop to go with,lol.My lower balljoints are bad so I have to figure in that repair.So I'm leaning towards a 3" set of djm control arms due to them having the bj and bushings.BUT I have to buy shocks for those so there another 100$.If I go that route,what spring/drop for rear?I'm looking at the belltech 5305but can't find them online.Also gonna have to do the end links and shock extenders.So right there in at about 700$.Part of me just wants to go with tgw 2/3 djm drop.I don't want it super low,just lower then present and level.I'm about to install 17" cop wheels also.Also,are the djm 3" control arms adjustable?Ive lowered several trucks and ive never had this much trouble trying to get the right stance..

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I'm having hell trying to decide what drop to go with,lol.My lower balljoints are bad so I have to figure in that repair.So I'm leaning towards a 3" set of djm control arms due to them having the bj and bushings.BUT I have to buy shocks for those so there another 100$.If I go that route,what spring/drop for rear?I'm looking at the belltech 5305but can't find them online.Also gonna have to do the end links and shock extenders.So right there in at about 700$.Part of me just wants to go with tgw 2/3 djm drop.I don't want it super low,just lower then present and level.I'm about to install 17" cop wheels also.Also,are the djm 3" control arms adjustable?Ive lowered several trucks and ive never had this much trouble trying to get the right stance..

Any lowering setup is adjustable thanks to the torsion bars.

8sTho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lowering with only 17s rare combination on a big Tahoe but will probably look pretty mean

8sTho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also the part wore out are your bumpstops they keep the suspension from bottoming out and being metal to metal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71