05 tahoe lowering questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a fee questions that I can't find answers too.I have a 05 ppv tahoe.I want to lower it but I want it driveable.A lot of rough roads here.I have a set of 17 in steel wheels that I'm gonna run,can I run spindles with these?Also what do the jounce things do,mine are rotted.ill post some pics.

View attachment 181061 View attachment 181062
Jounce stops are an integral part of a properly functioning front end with torsion bars. The lcas should be just touching them.this gives you the correct spring rate. Replace those.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have belltech spindles and run my stock 17's in the winter. The supplied nut didnt fit my moog ball joints so I had to make a run to the hardware store to get a toothed lock washer, lock-tite, and a new jamb nut the right thread pitch. Trimmed the studs down, took it for a spin, on turns I got a scrape....scrape....scrape...dang. Ground some more off, basically to where there was no stud sticking out past the nut, and no more scraping. Left a nice gouge in both front wheels though.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Which drop is this? Looks good!
Thx
Man,I coukd live with that right there.What kit did you use?
I think it's the 2/3 drop. I got it from crownsuspension.com. Actual information is on my Under Construction page. It's very reasonably priced, and comes with rear lowering springs, rear shock relocater brackets and front lowering keys. The kit was somewhere around $250 or so.

Michael88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thx

I think it's the 2/3 drop. I got it from crownsuspension.com. Actual information is on my Under Construction page. It's very reasonably priced, and comes with rear lowering springs, rear shock relocater brackets and front lowering keys. The kit was somewhere around $250 or so.
Were you able to get an alignment no probl m by using the keys? I've heard the spindles is best for alignment purposes?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Were you able to get an alignment no probl m by using the keys? I've heard the spindles is best for alignment purposes?
I was able to get an alignment no problem. It's a tad off, according to the printout I was given, but I don't have any unusual tire wear or pulling issues.
I have some almost new lowering spindles with camber shims if you'd be interested. All hardware is still sealed in the bags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts