2017 PPV Tahoe Suspension Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shaunbolten

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an old Texas DPS 2017 PPV 2WD @165K miles, rides like a farm truck due to wear and tear. Do you or anyone know if it is possible to upgrade to the Monroe 902035 Strut Mount Kit, BellTech 25004 struts and BellTech 2412ff shocks AND upgrade my coil springs for more dampening. I heard that 8 coil springs have a incredible jump in dampening ability in comparison to the 5 coil springs that come stock on these. I am aware I may gain an inch or two in ride height if I do this but I am okay with that since the tahoe is primarily used for travel to and from the oil fields in west texas (very crappy roads). I upgraded my tire size right off the bat on the stock 17"s to a 265/70R17 with aggressive tread and 8 ply tires. This has caused my driver side fender well to get eaten by the treads on right turns. I am hoping that with more ride height and a tad bit better dampening of the suspension that I may mitigate that issue alongside the rough ride issue. If you or anybody has done anything similar to this i'd greatly appreciate the advice before I go throw money at aftermarket parts with none but a blind assumption that I will be solving the issues at hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar