Z71 4x4 drop question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
Im kinda diggin this kit, I think it should work for me. Im not afraid of work or getting my hands dirty, but compressing those front spings might be a stretch for me. Does places like Auto Zone rent such a device to compress springs, or do I need to find a local shop more equipped for that kind of work?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the front is cake honestly. Spring compressors autoparts store rent for the day yes.

rear is so easy

Reaction score
i would say a z71 shouldnt get lowered but if you dont offroad than why not still looks just as good. i lowered my 4x4 lt with spindles in the front and noticed that if im in 4wd it seems alot harder to make trurns at all but i know your not so pose to use 4hi on pavement but i wanted to make sure it was working. just skipped and dragged and scrubs alot around turns, even on grass. dont know if it was like this before cause i didnt use my 4wd much in the past. but i imagine since the angle on the cv shaft is being changed that is does SOMEHOW make it a little worse.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i would say a z71 shouldnt get lowered but if you dont offroad than why not still looks just as good. i lowered my 4x4 lt with spindles in the front and noticed that if im in 4wd it seems alot harder to make trurns at all but i know your not so pose to use 4hi on pavement but i wanted to make sure it was working. just skipped and dragged and scrubs alot around turns, even on grass. dont know if it was like this before cause i didnt use my 4wd much in the past. but i imagine since the angle on the cv shaft is being changed that is does SOMEHOW make it a little worse.

you lose turning radius with the spindles nothing new. As for the 4wd system ive seen many people with spindles go 100k on the belltech or mcgauhys with no problems. Hell 3 of my buddys have belltechs and live up in lake tahoe and have from 80-110k on their 07/08 trucks and axles are fine and it snows up there a lot.

also the kit i quoted him uses drop struts not spacers. Higher mileage trucks belltech drop struts all the way.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skimask