'13 4x4 burban LTZ lift/level thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Andrewgodley

Andrewgodley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The pics don't do it justice. The wheels look awesome and the whole thing has transformed from grocery getter to a great looking truck. I may consider dropping the rear to the 1" spacer from the installed 1.5", but for now I really like it. And it feels great on the road too. Just as smooth as before, maybe even more smooth with these tires versus the E-load wrangler SR-A that were on before. I do note a small effect on acceleration, doesn't move as quickly from dead stop, but I'm barely noticing it and that could just be in my head. Overall feels great and drives great. I feel a lot higher up, but it is just as smooth and quiet as before.

Ending heights after 1.5" under strut lift in front and 1.5" spacer in the rear are 38" to front fender and 39.5" to rear fender (started at 36.25 and 37.75). Total lift was 1.75 front and rear including tires being 0.5" taller.

Thanks for any input. I'm glad I didn't go more than 1.5" in front. Oh, also the 1/2" wheel spacers from ReadyLift make it look 100% better. I think it wouldn't look as great without the wheels now being in line with the track of the front. You can see in the side pics after install that the rear are now flush with the fender. Feels very stable on the road but still has the usual body roll that it had before the lift. I may look at the stock sway bars or sway bar links but for now it feels ok and isn't any worse than stock.

Cheers y'all.

OP
OP
Andrewgodley

Andrewgodley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Removed a piece of the plastic backing material behind the passenger side where well liner on the bumper where it was rubbing a bit at full lock. Now it is nice and clear by at least and inch. Pics are all after the trimming. Used zip ties to hold the liner in its new further back position.

IMG_9323.JPG

IMG_9326.JPG

IMG_9327.JPG

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Looks good, Andrew (if you're still on this forum). And those 20s you got look 10x better than the 5 spokes you had on before; I was never a fan of the 5-spokes on the SUVs (they look fine on the pickups for some reason though).

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Andrew, how is everything now after 10 months or so? What kind of mileage are you getting since changing the tires? Looks great btw!

rgray107918

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted to add some pictures of my setup. I have the ReadyLift 2.25" up front on a 2013 LT 4x4 running stock wheels and 275/60r20

To be honest, I haven't been completely happy with the look and am currently looking in to different sized tires. I'm also considering a different leveling kit, and possible adding on the back. I've been running this current setup since June 2016 (~2.5 years)

burb before.jpg Burb After.jpg

rgray107918

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh, and the tires are Wrangler Duratracs, and I've never had any rubbing and didn't do any trimming. I absolutely loved it when I first did the switch over, but over time I have started thinking it looks like too much wheel and not enough tire....The tires are pretty well worn out now, and it's time for new tires, so maybe it's just me using that as an excuse to try and go bigger.

If I do may any changes, I'll post back with what I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe