Z55 front suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shtiv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Looking to buy front shocks but it seems that due to it being “auto ride” is making it tricky for parts store to find front shocks, they question is due to me having z55 suspension does that make the front shocks a special shock? Thanks

Denali_XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon XL Denali with the Z55 Autoride and just had the entire suspension front and back + compressor replaced. I am in Seattle area as well and had Les Schwab do the work. They only needed 1 day to order the parts. Which parts store are you trying to order from?

The front shocks model for mine were the ACDelco 580-439

https://www.carid.com/acdelco/gm-or...assenger-side-shock-absorber-mpn-580-439.html

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only “special thing” about your Z55 suspension system, at least for the front, is that the dampening that happens for the front shocks is computer controlled, so technically it’s “electronic”. It’s just a sensor on top of the shock that plugs into a pigtail that’s ran back to the trucks main computer system.
According to Gm parts direct, the OEM part number for your shock corresponds to the ACDelco part number he listed^ And I looked it up on rock auto.com. they have it in stock.

Last edited:

E-Force

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nit: "its just a sensor" is only half of the electronic dampening feature. The sensor provide input to the computer and then the computer provides an output to the shock. The shock is the Actuator. which provides the electronic dampening.

E-Force

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Looking to buy front shocks but it seems that due to it being “auto ride” is making it tricky for parts store to find front shocks, they question is due to me having z55 suspension does that make the front shocks a special shock? Thanks

E-Force

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya, some stores call it a "specialty" shock. I'm shopping too (front shocks). I have an 05 Denali. ACDelco part ‎580-439. Monroe part 400-44. Amazon and Walmart best prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos