Yukon will not turn off...! Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04YUKON

Reaction score
I have an 04 yukon... And no matter what you do with the key it will not shut off!

I added a supercharger 6 months ago and had a perf. Tune flashed into the computer. The truck ran great all the way accross the country! I put the truck into storage at the end of may and back on the road in oct... The day i got back and went to fire the truck up the batt. Was dead and needed to be jumped. Since then its been good....

How ever...

2 days ago, i dropped the truck off to have a guage pod with boost, and an air/fuel guage installed. Along with a new grill, and lastly the rear main seal in the tranny...

Simple jobs,...?

Well i pick up the car from the shop... And it wont turn off... The shop is trying to tell me that my computer is bad and need to be replaced! And/or the body control module?

They took the yukon to 2 different shops and called around to numerious people to fig. The problem... No go...!

Any ideas???

Things to try?

Anyone ever herd of this problem before?

They checked the ignition... Replace it... No luck...
Pulled every pig tail one by one... And the only way found to turn the car off at this point is to un-plug the furthest plug to the right from the body control module...

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd bet since you didn't have the problem before that it's something that the shop that did the lastest work created!! They might have tapped into the wrong wire, who knows!! If you are looking for ways to shut it off for the time being, I'd start pulling fuses, the fuel pump one should shut power off at the fuel pump and allow it to run out of gas or even pull the ignition ones! Just start pulling a fuse at a time, if one doesn't work put it back and go for the next one till you find one!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Everything stay on even with key removed? may have a sticking relay.

Grizzly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like they did something that messed it up... Id take it somewhere else and have them look at it. They could of messed something up on purpose so that they can charge you more to fix it... Beleive it or not Shops do that... Sneaky and I'm sure against the law... But true.

2004tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
your kidding right... this is easy

undo everything that last shop did remove the guages and such....re-trace everything.....this is why you have to do your own work....

good luck man....check out a hayes manual for wiring diagrams and just go step by step

str8wkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure that there is no wires pinched in between the trans and motor from them puting the rear main seal in

Arkansaw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
your kidding right... this is easy

undo everything that last shop did remove the guages and such....re-trace everything.....this is why you have to do your own work....

good luck man....check out a hayes manual for wiring diagrams and just go step by step

"This is easy" does not match the statement that follows it in this post!

OP
OP

04YUKON

Reaction score
The update:

After days of research and part pricing ( new pcm, new bcm ) plus dealer prices.... Quote... Thousands...

The 2 shops that did work on the truck said they undid everything and retracd their steps...

I pulled the pillar guage pod on the truck, and bingo... They had drilled right threw the group of wires that must control the hvac and rearview mirror/compass...

The truck starts and stops now with no problems....

But...

Hvac has two temps... 90* = hott & 89-60*= cold
any ideas??

I think its time to take the yuk to the dealer, and send the aholes the bill...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev