Yukon Ultimate Order Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Danimalx87

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that’s not entirely correct - most large commercial airline pilots will switch on the autopilot literally seconds after calling, “Gear up”. These systems are designed to be left on during turbulence; they are exceptionally fault-tolerant because people will die if they are not. A lot of time, testing, and unfortunate accidents have paved the way for these systems to be remarkably reliable. It is rare that these systems will randomly disengage (RIP AF 447) or fail. It is a different story, however, on smaller planes where it can be safer to disengage the autopilot and manually fly.

And this is my beef with most automakers: they are treating software like a second-class citizen. Just look at all the software issues these newer vehicles have. They need to treat every aspect of their systems as life-and-death. I hope they’re not sitting there going, “Meh … if Super Cruise drives off a dock and kills a family of four … it’s just a family of four. It’s not like it’s a 737 or something.”
Category 3 automatic landing are possible, but account for less than 1% of all commercial flights. Most pilots agree that landing manually is easier and safer than monitoring the autopilot systems during the auto land stage of flight.

And my super cruise decided to only change half a lane the other day, throwing me back into the one I was departing. So there's that :D

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that’s not entirely correct - most large commercial airline pilots will switch on the autopilot literally seconds after calling, “Gear up”. These systems are designed to be left on during turbulence; they are exceptionally fault-tolerant because people will die if they are not. A lot of time, testing, and unfortunate accidents have paved the way for these systems to be remarkably reliable. It is rare that these systems will randomly disengage (RIP AF 447) or fail. It is a different story, however, on smaller planes where it can be safer to disengage the autopilot and manually fly.

And this is my beef with most automakers: they are treating software like a second-class citizen. Just look at all the software issues these newer vehicles have. They need to treat every aspect of their systems as life-and-death. I hope they’re not sitting there going, “Meh … if Super Cruise drives off a dock and kills a family of four … it’s just a family of four. It’s not like it’s a 737 or something.”

with forums it's hard to "assume" anything...but concerning your second paragraph

Gov't "guidance" has definitely advanced since the 70s, but the Ford Pinto "situation" is one that shouldn't ever be forgotten -

OP
OP
Danimalx87

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a quick waterless wash (its freezing here) to clean off my rim, but not the wheel, to see how well the product would protect against gravel dust tomorrow. Here's a side by side of the "clean" rim and one I haven't touched. Detailing these things is going to be a pain but thankfully as a truck, dirty wheels are just a sign that you're going on adventures :D All things considered I don't think they look that bad even dirty.

tempImageC1pFoe.jpgtempImagek8969J.jpg

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that in the online inventory that many of the Ultimate window stickers are showing a $75 credit for lack of wireless charging. I was under the impression that there were not any constraints on the Ultimates. I have a few orders at local dealers and am patiently waiting but losing something I have on my 2021 Tahoe Premier is not appealing.

OP
OP
Danimalx87

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that in the online inventory that many of the Ultimate window stickers are showing a $75 credit for lack of wireless charging. I was under the impression that there were not any constraints on the Ultimates. I have a few orders at local dealers and am patiently waiting but losing something I have on my 2021 Tahoe Premier is not appealing.
I can tell you that the $75 is a better deal. I'm plugging my phone into the USB in the drawer because the wireless charging is so difficult to get in just the right spot with my phone. iPhone 14 Pro max.

I've seen an aftermarket kit that you can swap into the little tray indentation on the center console, if you have a power console. Might give that a try instead.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far IMO the wireless charging sucks, I wish they would have given a 75 dollar credit. It has been hit or miss and then it keeps stopping and showing some kinda of symbol and won't charge. I can' seem to locate what the stands for but it looks like a triangle with a dot in the middle,

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far IMO the wireless charging sucks, I wish they would have given a 75 dollar credit. It has been hit or miss and then it keeps stopping and showing some kinda of symbol and won't charge. I can' seem to locate what the stands for but it looks like a triangle with a dot in the middle,
Interesting. I have it on my premier Tahoe and it works pretty consistently with my iPhone 13 Pro. There are sometimes when I have to move the phone around but it works most of the time. I may look into the aftermarket option that goes on the center console.

OP
OP
Danimalx87

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get floor mats for the 3rd row with their Denali or Ultimate? We only have first and second row.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's not a constraint, it's a "not available" item - I am not going to miss it, I don't believe. The Yukons I have been in don't fast charge my S21, so if using Android Auto/Navigation, etc, it eats through battery faster than the wireless charger can put it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holzl88