Yukon Ultimate Order Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dkay51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s awful! It’s not just a small section even. It’s a big area and those pictures don’t even show all of the damage.

Dkay51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, let me be clear on something, the dealer actaully sold you this vehicle, in this condition...as in: took your money, initiated a title transfer, registration w/ the province, and handed you the keys?
Seems like he knowingly sold a damaged vehicle, and needs to refund your money, you give him the keys back, and you need to start over. They clearly did not sell you a "new" vehicle, this one should not have passed the pre delivery inspection.
To clarify

The unit was assigned to me based on the VIN and then the dealership has over 80% of the money already from trust fund from when they returned the 2021 problem Tahoe HC I had. As well GM Canada also advised in the emails that particular truck is sold to me even while the final payment is being worked on. They had received the truck on October 4 and didn’t notify me till the 5th. Then the additional parts were on order as of October 7th by the dealership which were a part of the original deal from the Tahoe but now for the Yukon. Then they decided to keep the Yukon in the show room till they decided to send it out to under coat on October 17 which is when the third party company discovered all the damage and refused to undercoat. Then I asked for a copy of the PDI and the dealership refused to show me and GM Canada claims that they checked everything but then I asked why is there now found damages when the PDI should have been enough to early learn these things.. then GM Canada said they dropped the ball at dealership level.

At the end of the day I have a new unit at event 3400 and I definitely have faced an inconvenience with everything. I have demanded more accountability and covering my costs and GM Canada refuses to do more.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't understand what the big Hoo Ha is over SuperCruise.... I'd never use it and certainly would never pay extra for it. Does every one drive 400 miles a day on I95?
Unless I can read the paper or work on my computer while driving and arrive safely... UH.. I'd rather be in control of my own vehicle.
+1.

I don't see the point of a system like that if I still have to pay attention.

MCMcBride

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To clarify

The unit was assigned to me based on the VIN and then the dealership has over 80% of the money already from trust fund from when they returned the 2021 problem Tahoe HC I had. As well GM Canada also advised in the emails that particular truck is sold to me even while the final payment is being worked on. They had received the truck on October 4 and didn’t notify me till the 5th. Then the additional parts were on order as of October 7th by the dealership which were a part of the original deal from the Tahoe but now for the Yukon. Then they decided to keep the Yukon in the show room till they decided to send it out to under coat on October 17 which is when the third party company discovered all the damage and refused to undercoat. Then I asked for a copy of the PDI and the dealership refused to show me and GM Canada claims that they checked everything but then I asked why is there now found damages when the PDI should have been enough to early learn these things.. then GM Canada said they dropped the ball at dealership level.

At the end of the day I have a new unit at event 3400 and I definitely have faced an inconvenience with everything. I have demanded more accountability and covering my costs and GM Canada refuses to do more.
Forgive this newbies ignorance but what is PDI?

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1.

It's a driver aide to make driving easier and to reduce fatigue. Similar to 99% of the components on your modern vehicle that you utilize day to day.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1.

As said above, it is an assist. Humans are actually really good drivers...when they aren't distracted. Computers/sensor technology are a LONG way off from being able to have human levels of deductive reasoning and decision making. These systems AUGMENT human drivers, as they should...for that split second you aren't paying attention and an accident could happen. Silicon valley and humanity are focused on having computers do the driving for us, when they should be focused on using technology to prevent accidents instead of taking control away from what is the best way to pilot a vehicle: an attentive human.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork