Yukon ghost help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello to all I have a Yukon Denali 2008, its an excellent truck. But I think I have a major problem ,,,,,last month while driving in the freeway my Denali gauges went nuts jumping up and down, at the same time the msg display, turned alarms for stabilitrac, suspension problems, parking assist problems, and random msgs.
I stopped immediately, and turned it of, and turned it on right away, the gauges were now normal, the Check engine light was on, so a stated driving back home, but my surprise was the transmission was only on first gear, it was not shifting to other gears. So I stopped again and called for help. I waited for 15 minutes, and turned on the Denali again, de gauges seemed ok, the check engine was still on, but my surprise was when I started driving, the transmission shifted perfectly well, so I went back home, the truck worked perfect for those 20 miles.
Next day in the morning I turned on the Denali, and went for a short test drive, the check engine light was off, al gauges were normal; it was very strange, everything was now working correctly.
It passed 2 weeks the truck worked perfectly, it was till last night, the same thing, I was driving back from work and soddenly the Denali ghost attacked, all gauges went crazy again, random error msgs on the inf display, and the transmission went down to first gear and didn’t shift up.
I stopped and made the same thing waited for 20 minutes and turned back on and again the ghost went away.
I took it to the mechanic today the computer displayed the codes P0700 and PO573, but he told me he is not certain about the problem, he recommended me to tale it to a GMC dealer but that’s the last thing I want to do.
Can someone help me, or someone that experienced the same issue, THX !!!!

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello to all I have a Yukon Denali 2008, its an excellent truck. But I think I have a major problem ,,,,,last month while driving in the freeway my Denali gauges went nuts jumping up and down, at the same time the msg display, turned alarms for stabilitrac, suspension problems, parking assist problems, and random msgs.
I stopped immediately, and turned it of, and turned it on right away, the gauges were now normal, the Check engine light was on, so a stated driving back home, but my surprise was the transmission was only on first gear, it was not shifting to other gears. So I stopped again and called for help. I waited for 15 minutes, and turned on the Denali again, de gauges seemed ok, the check engine was still on, but my surprise was when I started driving, the transmission shifted perfectly well, so I went back home, the truck worked perfect for those 20 miles.
Next day in the morning I turned on the Denali, and went for a short test drive, the check engine light was off, al gauges were normal; it was very strange, everything was now working correctly.
It passed 2 weeks the truck worked perfectly, it was till last night, the same thing, I was driving back from work and soddenly the Denali ghost attacked, all gauges went crazy again, random error msgs on the inf display, and the transmission went down to first gear and didn’t shift up.
I stopped and made the same thing waited for 20 minutes and turned back on and again the ghost went away.
I took it to the mechanic today the computer displayed the codes P0700 and PO573, but he told me he is not certain about the problem, he recommended me to tale it to a GMC dealer but that’s the last thing I want to do.
Can someone help me, or someone that experienced the same issue, THX !!!!

MikeP,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. I would also recommend you have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician. They will be able to provide additional information and repair option(s).

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Brock

Reaction score
Mine same, except stuck in 6th gear. Good analogy - they do have ghosts. I call
them Gremlins. These Nali's have MANY! Let me know, I don't want the dealership involved either $$$$.

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no mechanic by any means, but was this truck ever in a flood? Flood cars can have crazy shorts in the wires, etc.

DeepSeaFish

Reaction score
The P0700 code is a transmission code. Usually related to an issue within the electronic transmission conrol module (TCM) and / or the solenoid pack inside the tranny. The P0573 is typically a cruise control issue on GM vehicles, possibly the cruise module, but on some other makes, it's viewed as a faulty brake light switch. Your 100k powertrain warranty should take care of the tranny issue if it's determined it's an internal issue with the drive-line. If it's a TCM, then you should be covered. However, your cruise control issue ( if that's what it is ) is covered up to 60k / 5 yrs. unless you have extended warranty. Let us know what happens.

Javi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the EXACT problem in the same truck (Denali '08), and it is driving me nuts... pissed as hell...

FishinCricket

GMC Salesman
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me that people will invest in a $50k (when new) vehicle with literally thousands of electronic/moving parts and then absolutely refuses to take it to a mechanic who is actually trained to work on said vehicle... :doh:

Oh, deepSeaFish, the spelling in your ridiculous signature needs to be fixed. Lose, not loose. :doh:

blairian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree..you put that much money into a truck and then it starts having major issues you refuse to take it to the people who built it and are trained to fix them?...

Any solution?

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like what happened in my 07 2500HD when one of the the trans fluid lines (to the transmission cooler) developed a slow leak. The fluid eventually got low enough that the tranny freaks out and goes into "failsafe mode" meaning no shifting, no manual shifting, stabilitrak & trac, control stop working, etc.
IIRC they brought out an updated trans fluid line with better connections and fixed it under warranty. Not sure if the denali uses something similar but it's worth getting it looked at (and check your trans fluid level right now).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24