Yukon Denali XL (2011) - Radiator Replacement - Oil Cooler Line Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MWD_CTSV

Reaction score
Your oil lines look a little worn or possibly out of round. If there is a ridge at the edge of that shiny section, it may damage the seals unless you can scotchbrite it smooth.
The fit is pretty tite, but if the pipe is round it should fit. Maybe the OSC fitting is too tight, but that is solvable with the factory fitting as suggested.

Edit: Sorry forgot to zero the calipers, but the delta is accurate. It is .030-.040" clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

MWD_CTSV

Reaction score
And for the taper, I see .6530" ID on the fitting and for the OD on the pipe, it is ~.6485 +/- .0005. So even more clearance for the taper.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not know the torque off-hand I wouldn't attempt anything over 20lbs and probably stay under that, snug should be fine
maybe @swathdiver has that info
18 foot pounds!

This is why the manual says to use the Jiffy-Tite tools and not pop the clips out and lose or break them.

Just gotta wiggle them around as you force them in and they ought to snap right into place.

MWD_CTSV

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the fitting. In the first one you can see the taper on the fitting is not pushing through:
View attachment 391920

It looks to me like the taper high point is fully past the chamfered edge, so it isn't binding on the taper. However, it is possible that the slot cutout for the clip has a large burr which is catching on the taper, but the side shot closeup shows the back edge of the cutout and it looks very clean.

Also, seeing that the fitting has a tamper detection mark, I don't think it is a good idea to remove it. Probably better to measure the pipe and fittings first to check the clearance and clean the pipe to remove any small ridges, before voiding the warranty.

OP
OP
T

Tahoescostalot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
MWD_CTSV - thanks for posting those pics! Will try and scotchbrite the fitting and see if that helps solve my issue (option 1).

(option 2) I couldn't find the oil cooler fitting for my model. Anyone have a part number i can search for? Also, does this replace the large hex washer on the radiator?

(option 3) If I end up replacing the radiator again, any recommendations for another brand?

swathdiver - thanks for the help!

OP
OP
T

Tahoescostalot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On the replacement oil fitting, does the large metal shroud need to be removed first?

Pic4.png

What's currently on radiator:

Pic3.png

MWD_CTSV

Reaction score
On the replacement oil fitting, does the large metal shroud need to be removed first?

View attachment 391944

What's currently on radiator:

View attachment 391945
First I would check that the new fitting fits the oil line.

Second, I am a little concerned that you don't have an OSC radiator. OSC claims to use the same plate cooler as stock, and that cooler and fitting don't look like the pictures from OSC.

Attachments

• osc-2370_wj_xl.jpeg
    osc-2370_wj_xl.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thathighlife7