Yukon Denali or Escalade owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With your BOSE radio and the noise compensation turned on will it remember your volume setting? For example - in my truck when I shut it off the volume lowers automatically as I'm no longer getting road or engine noise that the audio pilot has to compensate for. If I'm listening to the radio during this time I will turn it up; however when I restart the truck and the audio pilot starts to compensate for ambient noise it is too loud so I have to lower it back down. Normal?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Does your suv have the factory navigation? When I had the oem navi, mine did not do that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With your BOSE radio and the noise compensation turned on will it remember your volume setting? For example - in my truck when I shut it off the volume lowers automatically as I'm no longer getting road or engine noise that the audio pilot has to compensate for. If I'm listening to the radio during this time I will turn it up; however when I restart the truck and the audio pilot starts to compensate for ambient noise it is too loud so I have to lower it back down. Normal?
well it will usually start off off where you left it "to a certain degree"
try this, turn it up really loud while sitting parked engine running
then shut the key off, open the drivers door.
then start it back up and see if it is still really loud or if it has gone down to a lower volume automatically.

OP
OP
M

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the Navigation touch screen radio. When idling and you turn off audio pilot the radio goes lower; it has no affect with engine off and ignition in ACC mode. When driving you can notice volume going lower when coming to a stop. On the freeway shutting audio pilot off; the radio goes way down and turning it on will bring it back to original volume. If you set the volume while the truck is off, the audio will be "somewhat higher" once engine is started and you drive off. I think it's normal just wanted to confirm.

On a side note I didn't mention earlier as to not muddy the question, but I did the LUX Y91 update with audio pilot mic on my 2006 Yukon.

1641797920861.png

Last edited: