Yukon 6.2l loud ticking...ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Denali has always had the ‘ticking’ a little bit but started it up today and it’s noticeably louder...so much so that I stopped and got out to see if something was caught in a wheel well or something.

Ideas?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did someone put a big ziptie on one of your drive shafts? That was a favorite prank from my apprenticeship days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats a awesome prank. lol seen it done a few times.

is this tick heard when stopped in park? might be good old exhaust manifold bolts busted off.

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a awesome prank. lol seen it done a few times.

is this tick heard when stopped in park? might be good old exhaust manifold bolts busted off.
I was thinking that too. My '10 Esky ticks when it's cold until the metal heats up enough to expand and seal the manifold to the head. With mine it's both the driver's and passenger's side rear bolts. One side was completely missing. The other fell off when I tapped it with a screwdriver (rust was holding it in place). Take a look with a flashlight. Should be fairly easy to detect if they've fallen off.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. I with it were that easy...maybe it is!

Unfortunately since my warranty just needed I’m guessing it’s lifters or fuel/oil pump. We’ll see.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brought in today. They think it’s probably lifters. Gave me a loaner and told me it will take a few days. Seat is slipping back and forth too...there’s a TSB for that and they’ll gladly fix it for $300. My liftgate actuator last week was another $300.

Cheaper than German but ugh. This is why I hate vehicles with >40k miles.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hahaha, cheaper than German. You just reminded me my that my Audi dealer worth it’s weight in gold also has a Chevy dealer. Want to drop off the 08 Denali XL w/ them to do a final inspection and work due as my service contract is ending soon around 120k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk