Yukon 07 - manual air control - no front air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddy Saad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
kindly looking for help on my issue. I have an 07 Yukon, I have air in the front only when the car is moving, however, the manual controls are changing the speed. The AUX air is fine, I can control the speed of the air. I changed the Blower Motor Resistor but nothing changed. I even purchased another Blower Motor Resistor and still the same issue.

Any clues to what i need tot do? i did an OBDII scan and no codes came back.

Any help is appreciated.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Check for loose pins on connector or burnt harness. You’ll be able to see at the connector if it’s burnt

OP
OP
E

Eddy Saad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check for loose pins on connector or burnt harness. You’ll be able to see at the connector if it’s burnt
I just double checked and connectors and wires to the Blower Motor Resistor and looks fine. no sign of melting. the Blower Motor Resistor was very hot to touch when replaced.

What am I missing here?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
So just to be sure. No front blower at all on any speed, change resistor and still not working, correct? Have you check for power and ground at the blower motor itself? Could have a bad blower motor

OP
OP
E

Eddy Saad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So just to be sure. No front blower at all on any speed, change resistor and still not working, correct? Have you check for power and ground at the blower motor itself? Could have a bad blower motor
Yes, based on you description there is no front blower and i have changed 2 resistor and not working. I did measure V, and got reading out of the motor. I will check again. are there any instructions on how to get to the blower motor?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Yes, based on you description there is no front blower and i have changed 2 resistor and not working. I did measure V, and got reading out of the motor. I will check again. are there any instructions on how to get to the blower motor?
It’s pretty straight forward. Just unbolt
And drops out. If you’re getting power at the blower and it’s not running, it’s a bad ground or motor.

OP
OP
E

Eddy Saad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you all for your responses. I have replaced the blower motor and it's working.

I used advanced auto parts (retail not me coupon and saved $30) = part cost was $53.

Thanks again

Robspassion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, group. I have an 1999 Chevy Tahoe Sport (2-door). I joined this forum to seek help with a similar issue with the fan motor on my air-condition. My issue with the fan speed started with the high selection not working. Purchase new control panel. That did not correct the issue. Later all speed control of blower motor went out. Changed blower motor, resistor, etc., all changeable parts etc. The blower motor does blow now but at low speed and is still not responsive to the blower motor switch. Blower motor stays on which isn't that bad but can not increase speed for when it is hot. Did find a melted connector by air bag. I changed that and still no control over the fan speed.

My dash was cracked and am n the process of changing that. I will look for other melted wires when I change dash and post the out come with photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505