2012 yukon xl denali electrical failure! Video to show!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jt8412

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2012 denali yukon xl

really hoping all of you can help us figure this out! The guys at firestone didn't believe me until I showed them the video! see the link :). This car has been a mess since we bought it a year ago $$$, needed all new evap system, new alternator. (I see that is general upkeep on a car this age, but it all came at once)... now this. Would LOVE to add 200K more miles to it and have it run smoothly for our family! But depending on what the dealership says $$$$ we might have to cut our losses and move on!

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is it's either corroded battery cables, or the fuse box under the hood has corrosion. Also need to check the grounding strap at rear driver's side firewall.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
It’s due for battery cables if not done yet. They rot from the inside out. That plays havoc with random fault codes. If you don’t start with new cables you’ll chase ghosts for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan