xm question on a 2007 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scarter

Reaction score
my tahoe did not come with the xm service..apparently there is no xm tuner installed.. i have the bose system (big knob in the middle) all the controls in my steering wheel. my question is what all do i need to purchase to gain xm radio through my factory head unit? and where is the best place to purchase? also on the front right roof of the vehicle there is what looks like an antenna. is that the antenna that the xm would work off of? thanks for all the help in advance.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Im guessing the antenna you are talking about is for Onstar but could be for XM to. My 2004 Denali had 1 antenna for XM and 1 antenna for Onstar but the NBS has only 1 antenna for both XM and Onstar

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NNBS Tahoes have the antenna on the L side (driver side) which is a GPS, Cellular and XM antenna all in one. XM tuner box is behind the glove box on the right side towards the door. If you pull the headliner you can see if there's 2 or 3 wires coming out of the antenna. You should be able to check ebay to see if they've got a XM tuner box from a Tahoe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

scarter

Reaction score
NNBS Tahoes have the antenna on the L side (driver side) which is a GPS, Cellular and XM antenna all in one. XM tuner box is behind the glove box on the right side towards the door. If you pull the headliner you can see if there's 2 or 3 wires coming out of the antenna. You should be able to check ebay to see if they've got a XM tuner box from a Tahoe.

thanks a ton man...nope i don't have a tuner...so just to be certain i go to ebay and search for a xm tuner box and that is all. when i do the search for a 2007 tahoe "0" results show up... now if i just search for a xm tuner box i get a few hits but how can i b sure they will fit my hoe? sorry for being a noob.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

would this be what i need? even though in the description it says you will need to purchase an antenna? supposedly the antenna that's already on my tahoe will work for xm radio:emotions122:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-Chevy-Facto...wItemQQptZSatellite_Radio?hash=item3a56af9bc6

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks a ton man...nope i don't have a tuner...so just to be certain i go to ebay and search for a xm tuner box and that is all. when i do the search for a 2007 tahoe "0" results show up... now if i just search for a xm tuner box i get a few hits but how can i b sure they will fit my hoe? sorry for being a noob.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

would this be what i need? even though in the description it says you will need to purchase an antenna? supposedly the antenna that's already on my tahoe will work for xm radio:emotions122:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-Chevy-Facto...wItemQQptZSatellite_Radio?hash=item3a56af9bc6

It looks similar to mine. And do you have the antenna lead for the XM and the wire harness running to the deck? I can't say for sure 100% that it will work, but it looks pretty close to the one I have. Make sure the ebay people have a return policy I guess and try it out.

Rich E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you get your truck new in '07 or did you just get it used? If you just got it used, you probably have XM but just have to activate it. I got my truck new in '07 and it came with a few months free service. If you hit the band button a few times you'll scroll through the AM, FM and eventually the XM channels. There will be an Id number that you have to give to the XM people on the phone in order to activate the service.

If your positive you have no XM, I would check behind the glovebox, where the XM tuner would be, and look for the antenna and interface connections there. Even though you don't have the XM tuner installed, which is kind of wierd, your truck might still have the wiring for it. If the wiring is there, it's probably labeled too. The tuner will plug rught in.

When I did my Kenwood install, I swapped out the XM module for Sirius. If you haven't picked one up yet let me know, I'll sell you mine for $50 shipped. The one in your link says '08 and '09 so it might not work in your '07. Let me know and I'll send you some pics.

Last edited:

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gps

The GPS reciever (not the head unit) is under the dash, center, near windshield...

OP
OP
S

scarter

Reaction score
man! thanks a ton guys.. i haven't checked this board in a while, thought i was out of luck.. glad i decided to check it. can't wait to get up tomorow and try some of these ideas.. RICH E i will def take you up on that if i find out that is what i need...thanks again.

OP
OP
S

scarter

Reaction score
man guys i got all up in behind the glove box today and i see nothing that resembles an xm tuner...or any wiring labeled xm..is there any way someone could post a pic as to what exactly i should be looking for?.. sorry i know im a noob, but help a fella out please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10