WTF Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out here they are called Auto Dismantlers, also Used Auto Parts. Maybe there might be one in your area. The last time I was in jersey was 2009 or 2011. My Mom needed a driver's side mirror for her Ford Galaxie and they found one for a Ford Sable or Taurus with the same part number. Had to paint it, but the whole thing, motor + Flex drive cable for $50. Not bad...

The only ones I know of in the area are LKQ and the closest one is about an hour away.
I think I'll have to just keep checking with them on a daily basis and in the mean time get some measurements and gather up some material just in case I have to make my own rockers, which t this point looks like what I'll be doing haha. No biggie, metal is fun to work with and easy to manipulate.
I do appreciate the help and info, it truly is much appreciated.
Thank You

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only rockers I can find for a GMT900 Tahoe is on eBay for about $550 but, they need to be cut down to fit the Tahoe.

Is this really the only source for rockers for an 07 Tahoe?
In the mean time I'm waiting to her back from a handful of online GM parts suppliers, though I'm not feeling too confident about them.
I didn't think it would be this difficult to find rockers.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only rockers I can find for a GMT900 Tahoe is on eBay for about $550 but, they need to be cut down to fit the Tahoe.

In the mean time I'm waiting to her back from a handful of online GM parts suppliers, though I'm not feeling too confident about them.
Call a body shop and ask where they get them.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Try here:

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call a body shop and ask where they get them.

Huh, didn't think of that.
Thanks

Try here:

Thanks for the link, I'll hop on there now.

Thanks guys, appreciate the info and help

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is pretty much all that was offered through GM haha.

Looks like I'll be piecing something together

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Would you be willing to try a junkyard? They might be willing to do it if they had a shell that's close to stripped. Can't hurt to call around.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

GM only sells full panels. If you want rockers or dog legs for the quarter panel you have to go aftermarket. That’s why I said call a bodyshop, they might have a line on what you need. Did you call any?

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you be willing to try a junkyard? They might be willing to do it if they had a shell that's close to stripped. Can't hurt to call around.

Definitely, in fact I'd prefer that. Unfortunately I can't find one a GMT900 platform local to me heck even within a couple of hours. The other problem is the lot junkies beat me to it haha.

GM only sells full panels. If you want rockers or dog legs for the quarter panel you have to go aftermarket. That’s why I said call a bodyshop, they might have a line on what you need. Did you call any?

I haven't yet, I was holding out to see what GM had to offer. I have a small list of body shops in my area that I will be calling tomorrow.
I will be back with info about that tomorrow.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sh*t outta luck. Nobody has them and they searched there suppliers and nobody carries them. Only the ridiculous uniside assembly from GM or the high priced eBay rockers.

Looks like I'll be cutting them out and evaluating the situation then making my own. I guess I can order a small brake with the savings hahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26