WTF Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this today. Awesome
First is drivers rear door second is passenger rear door rockers. Drivers is creeping its way up quite a bit, passenger not yet.
Looks like it's been working its way out for some time.
I think they are small enough now to cut out and I found a couple of sources for new rockers. Am more than confident in my welding skills but, just want to hear what others have done.
Has anyone else had to deal with this?
What have you done to fix and prevent it from happening again?
1 driver rust.jpg1 pass. rust.jpg

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have info on any pick-n-pull or junk yards that have any GMT900 Tahoe?

I'd prefer a factory rocker over an aftermarket. I heard the factory panels are a bit thicker than the aftermarket ones.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have info on any pick-n-pull or junk yards that have any GMT900 Tahoe?

I'd prefer a factory rocker over an aftermarket. I heard the factory panels are a bit thicker than the aftermarket ones.
there is a 13 in the yard by me but I don't have the tools to cut a panel out, nothing portable anyway. the thing is stripped to the bone already but I did manage to get the front upper and lower blend door actuators $5 a piece for oem, cant beat that, it still has the rear door airbag impact sensors but those are kind of pointless to take, now that I think about it, it still has the blower fan I should back and get that to keep on hand

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a 13 in the yard by me but I don't have the tools to cut a panel out, nothing portable anyway. the thing is stripped to the bone already but I did manage to get the front upper and lower blend door actuators $5 a piece for oem, cant beat that, it still has the rear door airbag impact sensors but those are kind of pointless to take, now that I think about it, it still has the blower fan I should back and get that to keep on hand
Gotcha
They're pretty rare out my neck of the woods. I'll have to do some traveling to find them locally.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha
They're pretty rare out my neck of the woods. I'll have to do some traveling to find them locally.
I would think you could hit up some of the dismantlers on ebay and ask if they would be willing to cut and ship you a panel, just find one on the west coast, do a search on ebay and you can filter it by location and find one that's not on the east coast.