Wiring... Salvage with a headlight mess.!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Missy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 gmc Yukon

Front end electrical is a mess. To say the least. Anyhow. I had it in the shop last week for suspension and brakes etc. They told me they could wire my heads to make em work without a brand new harness. Wrong. Passenger side good. With high beams. Just put leds in. But the wire colors on each side are different. Can't get my drivers to work... Signal, side marker fine. But this is the mess im dealing with. I can solder them. Just don't know which is which. Ima beginner female on electric, so bare with me.

15902706417571598324102836389810.jpg 15902706670795498016614295281255.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
2007 gmc Yukon

Front end electrical is a mess. To say the least. Anyhow. I had it in the shop last week for suspension and brakes etc. They told me they could wire my heads to make em work without a brand new harness. Wrong. Passenger side good. With high beams. Just put leds in. But the wire colors on each side are different. Can't get my drivers to work... Signal, side marker fine. But this is the mess im dealing with. I can solder them. Just don't know which is which. Ima beginner female on electric, so bare with me.

View attachment 248270 View attachment 248271
I hope you dudn't pay them for that mess!

OP
OP
Missy

Missy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It wasn't this bad of a mess. But the solders came apart as pictured ‍♀️♀️. I fixed the passenger side. Just can't get my driver head to turn on.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It wasn't this bad of a mess. But the solders came apart as pictured ‍♀️♀️. I fixed the passenger side. Just can't get my driver head to turn on.
Just for the heck of it--did you see if the bulb is still good? Also might be separate fuses for the L/R headlights--check those?

OP
OP
Missy

Missy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just for the heck of it--did you see if the bulb is still good? Also might be separate fuses for the L/R headlights--check those?

Bulb is good, first thing of course. Fuses good also.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Bulb is good, first thing of course. Fuses good also.
Hopefully someone else will chime in. Sometimes messing with wiring issues--especially something someone else has messed up, is like opening Pandora's box. I can't believe they had the nerve to give it back to you like that!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2007 gmc Yukon

really really need a bigger picture to see what you are messing with there but there are 2 separate parts to the yukon headlight
1 is a 3 wire connector for the headlight hi/low/ground (the low beam is also the daytime running light) does not have a dedicated daytime running light.
1 is a 3 wire connector for the turn signal and splits back out from the turn signal socket into 5 wires of which 2 go to the side marker light

really hard to see what you having going on with such a small picture take a bigger closer picture please.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the connector for the marker/blinker it is the same for left right
it has 3 wires where it connects to the body harness blue/brown/black
those 3 wires enter the big upper yellow bulb socket and then another brown/black exit the socket and go the small marker light socket
so in total blue/brown/black for upper light, brown/black for the small side marker

the headlight (bottom socket) is 3 wires only high/low/ground not sure of the colors I don't have one handy
headlight socket should be very easy to figure out a simple volt meter would make it even easier.
turn on the headlight switch to low-beam check the 3 wires, 1 is ground and 1 will have power
go back turn on the headlights to high beam, go back check other wire it should have power now and the ground is still ground and the low beam wire will be off.

blinker.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that solid copper wire in there? Looks like household electrical wires spliced in. That needs to be replaced if it is.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2007 gmc Yukon

This might help identify wires. Page C-6 is a good place to start as it gives the pin-outs for your lights.
https://gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/88/2007_LD_ElectricalUtilitiesSUV.pdf