wireless charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GusSanchez300

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for some reason it just doesn't connect or is just a mission to get it to connect.

Anyone has any idea why, are they all like that?

BigIan279

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
for some reason it just doesn't connect or is just a mission to get it to connect.

Anyone has any idea why, are they all like that?

I've got a Samsung S Edge 7, with a thin case, and I find that I have to make sure that the phone is against the rearward stop of the charging pad. Even then it seems to disconnect and the reconnect straight away then disconnect again and so on in a random fashion. Although the little green charging lightning symbol on the infotainment systems remains lit and stable. I find it charges very slowly anyway, I can't see for Nav etc so I tend to use a cable.

Kittmaster

Reaction score
There is a HUGE thread about this going on in another forum with a possible solution. It appears GM has rushed this to market and the '17 down use a single coil design and the new '18+ have a 3 coil design. This fixes the Samsung 8 and iPhone X issues, but also fixes hard to charge phones also in cases etc.

Look mid way down, you'll see someone opened the modules to show everyone what is going on. The issue is the '18 is not the same connector, but people are converting the connector themselves (easily) and someone built a connector link you can buy for $50 so you don't have to do it yourself and becomes plug and play.

You can see the info here:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/200533-wireless-charging/?page=16

Hope this helps, GM really pushed out a weak solution to meet demand IMO.

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb