Wireless charger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone install a wireless charger in place of the little mat on center console?

OP
OP
Moose912

Moose912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Close to what I was looking for. Mine has the center console lid with a tray (if you will) on top. Perfect to sit my phone in. Just hoping to put a pad below it maybe and use as charger pad.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Close to what I was looking for. Mine has the center console lid with a tray (if you will) on top. Perfect to sit my phone in. Just hoping to put a pad below it maybe and use as charger pad.

Isn't that exactly what he did in that thread I linked?

OP
OP
Moose912

Moose912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of. Older truck style and a little different. I wasn’t looking for just the wireless base torn down. I meant had anyone take an actual one from maybe a new one and swapped or taken an actual pad and found a way to retro.

Sorry. It’s kind of complicated to explain.

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be pretty trivial to tear down a USB Qi charger and mount it underneath the plastic with some adhesive (silly cone, something heat resistant though!). As long as you maintain the gap so the coils "see" each other you would be fine. Routing the cable on my style tray would be a might more interesting though. Maybe I'll take a crack at this and post a walkthrough. I have an old disused Qi charger at home anyway.

Booby1323

Reaction score
Yes I have done what I think your explaining. I bought a fast charging wireless pad with pretty good range and I installed it underneath the hard plastic that is underneath the rubber pad in the bottom of the tray you speak of. I don't remember the exact charger I bought but I can get a 25% charge in an hour trip. Which I think is pretty good considering its charging through a layer of hard plastic, layer of rubber, and the case on my phone! I thought about looking into a charger that are meant to go through thicker cases so that I could maybe get it to charge a little faster.

It pretty easy to take the lid apart to get an idea how much space is there for a charger. I didn't even tear my charger apart or use any adhesives. When I screwed in the plastic piece that makes the try in the lid it holds the charger in underneath it tight. I try to remember to take some pictures of mine this evening.

OP
OP
Moose912

Moose912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have done what I think your explaining. I bought a fast charging wireless pad with pretty good range and I installed it underneath the hard plastic that is underneath the rubber pad in the bottom of the tray you speak of. I don't remember the exact charger I bought but I can get a 25% charge in an hour trip. Which I think is pretty good considering its charging through a layer of hard plastic, layer of rubber, and the case on my phone! I thought about looking into a charger that are meant to go through thicker cases so that I could maybe get it to charge a little faster.

It pretty easy to take the lid apart to get an idea how much space is there for a charger. I didn't even tear my charger apart or use any adhesives. When I screwed in the plastic piece that makes the try in the lid it holds the charger in underneath it tight. I try to remember to take some pictures of mine this evening.

This sounds like what I wanted. Thanks!!

Any pics of install or anything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh