Windshield replacement - whoops!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vp46

Reaction score
I caught a rock in my wifes '15 yukon XL - no headsup display but she has the lane departure. This is relevant because I just got a quote:

1. without headsup display = $597 installed
2. WITH headsup display = >$800!!!

SO....

yeah. I am looking at it like this:

I just saved almost $300 ;)

:fc5716bd:

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

BTW that rock hit below/behind the hood!! - it caused a star below the hood line and then a crack quickly up to the roof line.

The trajectory must have been straight down!?!?!

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Timing is everything! Sucks man. Hopefully shes not pissed at you!

OP
OP
vp46

vp46

Reaction score
Timing is everything! Sucks man. Hopefully shes not pissed at you!

She loves that I am the one beating up the most expensive car/truck we've ever owned versus me being pissed at her for it.

I get to say "sorry" and she gets to laugh and make fun of me. I'd actually prefer she get pissed.:Insane::smh::eek:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd have saved $597 if you lived in Florida. Free replacement of windshields from insurance by law (as long as you have full coverage)

And no it doesn't make your rates go up

OP
OP
vp46

vp46

Reaction score
You'd have saved $597 if you lived in Florida. Free replacement of windshields from insurance by law (as long as you have full coverage)

And no it doesn't make your rates go up

Wow! Florida has some nice gimmicks from tax breaks to this insurance deal! Too bad the job market is so unpredictable or I might brave the humidity and get more house and a free windshield!

:hmmm2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo