Windows rattling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I've removed and installed a zillion of front door glass & regulators, belt moldings, glass channels, etc - never had any issues with the fronts being loose.

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So aside from the regulators, what do you suggest I should do? What are belt moldings and glass channels?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Belt molding is the black piece on the outside of the vehicle at the base of the window. Glass channel is the extruded piece of aluminum that goes around the window opening in the door. Make sure all that jives together along with the weatherstrip at the base of the window on the inside of the door (under the door panel)

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great.. thanks @fiatdale.. now I will sound like I know what I'm talking about when I take it to the shop

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this fix the issue? Our 2014 Tahoe's windows rattle.
How are the window wiper seals? The ones with the window all the way down you should see them. They should press against the window as it goes up, thus keeping water from getting to the bottom of the door and rotting it out. There should be no gap at any time, window up or down. The wiper provides enough pressure against the window to keep it from rattling. The seal on the back lift window should protrude out a little to provide a seal against rattling and water. The older your ride the worst the seals get and should be changed. I've been Armor-alling my 2012 in hopes of keeping them supple enough to last a few more years. But nothing lasts forever! Hope that helps.

Dianet804

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How are the window wiper seals? The ones with the window all the way down you should see them. They should press against the window as it goes up, thus keeping water from getting to the bottom of the door and rotting it out. There should be no gap at any time, window up or down. The wiper provides enough pressure against the window to keep it from rattling. The seal on the back lift window should protrude out a little to provide a seal against rattling and water. The older your ride the worst the seals get and should be changed. I've been Armor-alling my 2012 in hopes of keeping them supple enough to last a few more years. But nothing lasts forever! Hope that helps.
Thank you!! I'll have that checked! I have had water in the doors after a heavy rain too so that makes sense!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC