Window Tint % with pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I have 70% carbon on the windshield for heat and UV protection, 45% on the front (metered at 36%, 35% is NC Legal Limit) and 5% over factory 20% (metered at dark as hell, lol).

The back is REALLY dark, but it keeps the temps down in the rear and also keeps the glare out. I would prefer 20% on the front doors and 50% on the windshield, but law enforcement around here likes to pick on tinted SUV's, so I like to stay off of their radar.

35% tint metered at like 27% and they gave me a ticket. 82ee42ca8d3268f177da3d06e9b6e375.jpgfe6e7664618161b1f1c5a91f09ec7bf2.jpgd3c303ab63f85e7be962a9cf5bf5cb63.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I really like those Wheels... is that Lowered? or just Leveled.? I think thats perfect everything, color, ride height.. everything.. U go anywhere near salt water?

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those who have tinted windshields, how do you change your inspection stickers/registration stickers without messing up your tint?

What State? I am um NV and i have no tag!
have to zoom in, couldnt laod a crop pic i guess, but thats a parking pass.if thats what your talking about. I got the winshield 70 ceramic.

20180916_161005.jpg

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those who have tinted windshields, how do you change your inspection stickers/registration stickers without messing up your tint?
In NC we dont have windshield stickers anymore. It's all ran through our tags when they passed the Tag and Tax Law, so no issue here.
I really like those Wheels... is that Lowered? or just Leveled.? I think thats perfect everything, color, ride height.. everything.. U go anywhere near salt water?
Thank you. They are NNNBS Esky Reps in 24 purchased from Tony NorcallSS. Polished face with black inlay. The rear is lowered 2" to level the truck combined with Airlift 1000 bags for when I tow. The leveling springs were also purchased from Tony NorcallSS as well. The Airlift kit was purchased from eBay.

As far as salt water, I go to Myrtle Beach twice, maybe 3 times a year and that's it. The truck was purchased in GA and stayed there until 2016 when the PO traded it in and it was sold at auction and brought to NC by a dealer, where I purchased it. Since the pic, I have dechromed all the stick on stuff and removed the door mouldings. I plastidipped the wheels, but didnt really like the black since the wheel detail was lost so I removed it. 4ce0f914f97f280f879124291869775d.jpg5529f06ad8f9752f0dacfac7a4af24af.jpg

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In New York State, you have too have a yearly inspection sticker and registration sticker displayed on the left side of the windshield. I was thinking about 70% ceramic tint on the windshield.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In NC we dont have windshield stickers anymore. It's all ran through our tags when they passed the Tag and Tax Law, so no issue here. Thank you. They are NNNBS Esky Reps in 24 purchased from Tony NorcallSS. Polished face with black inlay. The rear is lowered 2" to level the truck combined with Airlift 1000 bags for when I tow. The leveling springs were also purchased from Tony NorcallSS as well. The Airlift kit was purchased from eBay.

As far as salt water, I go to Myrtle Beach twice, maybe 3 times a year and that's it. The truck was purchased in GA and stayed there until 2016 when the PO traded it in and it was sold at auction and brought to NC by a dealer, where I purchased it. Since the pic, I have dechromed all the stick on stuff and removed the door mouldings. I plastidipped the wheels, but didnt really like the black since the wheel detail was lost so I removed it. 4ce0f914f97f280f879124291869775d.jpg5529f06ad8f9752f0dacfac7a4af24af.jpg

Black wheels or not.... it really looks great. love the ride height... I have a jetski and in and out of salt water... i think i'm going to have to get a 2nd truck just for that... aint no way i'd let a nice truck like this near salt water... but then again in the winter they throw down rock ACID on the roads..

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black wheels or not.... it really looks great. love the ride height... I have a jetski and in and out of salt water... i think i'm going to have to get a 2nd truck just for that... aint no way i'd let a nice truck like this near salt water... but then again in the winter they throw down rock ACID on the roads..
Most folks I know up North will POR15 the underside and own power washers to spray the underside of the vehicles with a diesel mixture to offset the chances of rust from.the salt.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most folks I know up North will POR15 the underside and own power washers to spray the underside of the vehicles with a diesel mixture to offset the chances of rust from.the salt.

Never heard of that stuff... thanks for the suggestion.

anthony1156

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I did a lot of searching and have seen some threads about what percentage to tint. The age old question of how dark/what kind/still see out/can’t see in. And a big one, how dark to tint rear factory privacy glass.

So I have completed my 07 Tahoe LT (III) yesterday and figured I’d share my findings.

I have a “reduce heat, increase privacy, still see out safely, don’t give a huge reason to get pulled over” approach.

I usually do my own tint, but as I grow older, I recognize the value of paying a good shop to do it, and it’s hard to find quality ceramic film at a consumer level. These percentages should apply closely to DIY’ers. But I’d recommend a carbon or premium heat shield tint.

A local Tint world in KATY TX helped me in my quest and we metered the windows, including the rear to see before and after.

Windshield - 75% Ceramic IR from tint world + small eyebrow
Side windows - 30% Carbon film (purchased this way) (metered)
Rear windows before - 20% factory privacy glass (metered)
Rear windows after applying 20% ceramic ir tint - 5% (metered)

View attachment 322953

This goes to prove, with quality tint, the math works for tinting over privacy glass. ( 0.2 x 0.2 = 0.4 or 4%)

I am happy with it so far, have yet to look closely at night but come to think of it I backed into my spot last night and didn’t even realize a difference....but I was ultra tired from work and in a lot parking lot. I’ll update after a week

Here a few pics. The rear really darkened the front up a bit. I know I’ll be pushing it a little locally. But at 30% on the front sides... a ticket will be hard to justify. In a perfect world I would go 25% on the front windows ... but the tint on there is quality and I don’t want to spend the money or time to drop 5%. And if I could go back in time, I would have done 25% over the rear to be just a little lighter from inside out. But still happy!

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask. (Also posted in general because I couldn’t decided between interior or exterior)

Last photo is before windshield and rear tint. You could easily see in with the factory at most anytime of the day.

View attachment 322954
View attachment 322955View attachment 322956View attachment 322957View attachment 322958View attachment 322959

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How dark is the 20% over factory at night on the inside?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts