window switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drivers side window won't roll up but it will roll down its bout half way now

but can not get it to roll up . . . ben researching can't find anything similur

anybody know what wire i can short circuit to get it to roll up . . . much

apritiate any help need quick solution cuz my daily driver for now with the

kids . . . thanks

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

96 camaro . . . cant hold the lock button and window button at same time because

the lock button is shot . . . just figure id say that cuz some one had mention'd that

to me all ready

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

i took a bobby pin and tried to short circuit the connecters but i can't get it to work

it just sparks on the brown wire with any other wire i connect it to . . . i can't get no

reaction from any other wires just that brown one . . . maybe the bobby pin isn't heavy

enough ?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Brown wire is the window down wire. The Up wire is a blue or dark blue wire. And you need to cut the blue wire, and apply power to it after you cut it from the switch harness. You will fry the switch AND the wiring if you just apply power to the blue wire while its still connected to the switch. For power, you should be able to jumper it to the pink wire in the window switch harness.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just take off the interior door panel, unhook the harness plug at the window, and apply voltage to one prong and ground the other. If it goes down, then just reverse the connections!

OP
OP
preshus

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just take off the interior door panel, unhook the harness plug at the window, and apply voltage to one prong and ground the other. If it goes down, then just reverse the connections!

ight thought bout that but you know how them panels are its a trick to

keep the clips from breaking ima try both options il try the panel first

see how easy it is to pop on an off just hate to havta cut the wires tho

but ima see what happens tomorrow i got the gorrilla tape on it right now

OP
OP
preshus

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took the switch panel out popd the plug off and hooked it up to the fuse box

and grounded the other wire to the frame went right up thanks for help