Wind Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JShanks,

I am sorry you're still experiencing this issue. Could you please provide the specific TSB so I can look into this further?

I look forward to your reply,

Louis
GM Customer Service

jshanks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tsb for wind noise is 06-08-64-012 Wind Whistle for Power Folding Mirrors.

Thanks,
Joel

OP
OP
B

Black_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, I see some people have the same issue. GM Customer Service would you also help me with this? I hope you do not tell me to take it to the dealer here in Kuwait. They are worthless. Any recommendations? Btw, I started this thread :D

Thanks,
Sherif

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I see some people have the same issue. GM Customer Service would you also help me with this? I hope you do not tell me to take it to the dealer here in Kuwait. They are worthless. Any recommendations? Btw, I started this thread :D

Thanks,
Sherif

"jshanks" offers a possibility. The whistle noise may be caused by the mirrors pivot horizontal cutline gap allowing air into the mirror assembly.

However, I am not a technician; therefore I cannot offer do-it-yourself advice. I'm sorry, but I will have to recommend consulting with your dealer.

Louis
GM Customer Service

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about Tahoe/Yukon but wind noise is a very common issue with the Escalade. It's pretty awful with mine. Been to the dealer several times. They tried aligning the doors and various trim was replaced with no success. They basically couldn't fix it and told me its a known issue so I gave up. All I can say is I'm glad I bought it used and I never paid full price for this truck...pretty ridiculous for a truck in this price range to make that much noise. You should hear it whistle at anything over 65mph. It's not the mirrors either by the way.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^Yup! I had an 08 tahoe before and now own an 07 esky and avy. The avalanche and tahoe never had this issue but I fully experience it in my escalade. Terrible quality control from GM :imo:

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha it's funny how a ppv tahoe won't do it but a escalade will common gm!

Dragon21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not to bring back something from the dead... but i have this same issue on my 08 Tahoe i just got. Highway speeds there is a lot of wind noise and cold air coming in the cabin (its cold outside). The air is coming in from near the VIN number (there is an opening there). I am wondergin if it could come in from the mirror housing and make its way into the cabin then leak out that spot... Would love to know if anyone found a fix for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phillip Bradbury