Wind Noise = Driving me insane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
just took another look, bending the crap back... mine has those...

back to the drawing board.... hmmmmmmm.... my guess is still that the door is not set very well.

OP
OP
S

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it is a bit off at the top also. It doesn't seem to sag or anything and the weather stripping seems to be in good shape. I guess I will try to bend it in some more with my knee against the door panel and see if that helps.

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
not recommended for the DIY but if you take it too a shop they will put a 2x4 and stick in the bottom of the door and bend the top of the door with the window down to seal better. thats what the body shop at the dealership i work at told me to do.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not recommended for the DIY but if you take it too a shop they will put a 2x4 and stick in the bottom of the door and bend the top of the door with the window down to seal better. thats what the body shop at the dealership i work at told me to do.

Yup, took mine to a body shop and they showed me how and told me to do it myself so I wouldnt have to pay to have them do it

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My door does the same but then again I think the whole truck is noisy. I am going to try this wood trick to see if it helps. As for the rest of it, I have slowly starting dynamating the whole thing. I started with the 2 back doors and it made a world of difference, I did the whole back section of the floor and the spare tire side and the back is almost silent now. Hopefully this weekend the front doors get done too!

OP
OP
S

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you put a 2X4 at the very bottom of the door, close the door and then push on the top of the door?

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't close the door with the 2X4 in there. You put the wood to give you a space to be able to move the top of the door frame. When I did my door it only took a slight pug and it was fixed. Dont push to hard or you'll over correct and the door might not close right along the bottom.

BigDawg99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same thing happened to mine..I was told that the 02 denali's are known for door Hinges going out..i know mine is going to get new hinges..i brought the door striker in a bit and it quieted the noise down a bit..pulls the door in closer a bit more..

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the weatherstripping from a junk tahoe at a yard, cut it to fit behind the OEM a-pillar weatherstrip to give it a tighter fit. Works like a charm, no more crazy wind noise and you can't even see the extra strip behind the original.

The cut piece goes from the bottom of the a-pillar, to about halfway across the top of the door.

Cost, $5.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts