Will Tech2Win tell me what is causing P1870?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have very little knowledge of T2W, but I'm sure it can tell me what is causing my 4L60E to keep throwing a P1870. I don't feel any slipping, or notice any RPM fluctuations so I can't tell when any slipping is happening. Does anyone know what screen(s) I should go to, and what readings would tell me where the problem might be?
A link to a T2W for Dummies would be appreciated also.

Thanks

OP
OP
NoReverseYukon

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive
Thanks, I saw that video and already installed the TransGo SK 4L60E repair kit. Still getting the code so I thought T2W would be able to tell me if one or more of the solenoids might be faulty. I don't want to blindly throw money at this problem replacing things that don't need replacing.

Still looking for that T2W guru to weigh in............

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive
Thanks, I saw that video and already installed the TransGo SK 4L60E repair kit. Still getting the code so I thought T2W would be able to tell me if one or more of the solenoids might be faulty. I don't want to blindly throw money at this problem replacing things that don't need replacing.

Still looking for that T2W guru to weigh in............
the thing is with the tech2win or otherwise, I think the most you are going to get is either a fault code or you can command the actuator on/off and unless you can see it actually moving or not then that's as good as it gets, I guess if you pulled the pan off you could watch it. not entirely sure the whole issue is the electronics can say they are working and it's another story if they actually are or not. it is common for the actuators to get lazy especially on the 4l60

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet